• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I don't make this stuff up...

phrogpilot73

Just heard on the "Military Channel" (I miss Discovery Wings) - "Foregt about airplanes. These machines can go places and do things that an airplane cannot. The helicopter is the ultimate flying machine." Sounds like someone who has seen the light... :icon_smil

rare21

pilot
Contributor
haha i'm watching that show as we speak..too bad i cant get my wife to sit down and watch it without b!tching.

petescheu

phrogpilot73 said:
Just heard on the "Military Channel" (I miss Discovery Wings) - "Foregt about airplanes. These machines can go places and do things that an airplane cannot. The helicopter is the ultimate flying machine." Sounds like someone who has seen the light... :icon_smil

Yeah... well they gotta do something to get people to watch their programming. Gotta get the ratings, you know. :D
J/K... someday all my helo bubba joshing is gonna bite me in the arse when I'm the one gettin picked up outa bad guy land because I got shot down and the CSAR helo dudes are just up there laughing at me...

phrogpilot73

shoo24 said:
Yeah... well they gotta do something to get people to watch their programming. Gotta get the ratings, you know. :D
J/K... someday all my helo bubba joshing is gonna bite me in the arse when I'm the one gettin picked up outa bad guy land because I got shot down and the CSAR helo dudes are just up there laughing at me...
Q: What does a jet guy look like to a helo bubba?

A: Cold, wet, and scared.

:icon_lol:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
webmaster said:
YAAAWWWWWNNNNnnnn.........

:D

It's hard to come back from that one. I mean how do I argue against droning on for 10 hours at altitude flying straight and level? Hell, do you guys even fly now? I mean, aren't you all broke dick? I've even heard that you don't have a mission now... :winks right back at 'ya:

By the way, John, I need to talk w/ you offline sometime about one of your HI VP bubbas. I was amazed at what somebody didn't know.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
It's all good. I've actually got the bug to learn how to fly a helicopter...just looks like fun. The only downside I can see to helos is going slow. Oh yeah, and ejection seats would be pretty tricky.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Road Program said:
It's all good. I've actually got the bug to learn how to fly a helicopter...just looks like fun. The only downside I can see to helos is going slow. Oh yeah, and ejection seats would be pretty tricky.
It sure feels fast when you're only 200' off the deck.

phrogpilot73

squorch2 said:
It sure feels fast when you're only 200' off the deck.
200 feet isn't even TERF! Try 50 feet and 120 knots... Especially fun going down a river with trees on either side.

Which reminds me of a story of when I was in Liberia. We were departing Roberts International Airport, bunted over the trees to the river and headed north towards the Firestone Plant. Tower (in an excited tone) yells "There are towers and powerlines!", our response - "We know." Ended up bunting over another tree line and heading up a fairway at the Firestone Plant golf course at 50'. I'm sure the guy that was in the middle of his back swing shanked it...