• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need serious help!!!!!!

Army or BDCP

• Total voters

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
That looks a little beyond my ability to fly. I suppose that's why you need a good 'wingman,' right?

nelconair3

Thank you for all your great advice. Army is the way to go even if its with helos. I was reading about the 160 night stalkers and I read a chapter were they headed in to Granada and the rangers needed to be dropped off so do a mission. They were to parachute from a C-130 from the AF and the officers from the c-130 aboded the mission cause it was too dangerous to go in. Now the 160 went in and got the mission done. They lost 2 pilots but they follow the army ethos which I love. Now helos may be slow and but I they offer me a good chance of flying and see combat up close and make decisions that one day will affect the lives of others. Thank you for your great advice eas7888.

nelconair3

I fixed your poll with my opinion on the issue.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! THATS A NICE WAY TO PUT IT. First of all I'm not making decisions based on this. I was looking for an input. Now I dont know why I was criticized for seeking help from a forum that I tough would help me out and not make fun of me. EAS7888 gave me some great advice that made sense to me. Now I may have been criticized but maybe been a battalion commander in JROTC, attending airborne school and air assault with a GPA OF 3.5 is not officer material then you let me know what is. I respect your opinion sir but I think I don't need it. Now If by me asking about jets was such a bad idea then sir what what was so wrong about it? I rather have a leader that ask question so when it comes to the mission he knows what to do then I rather have a leader like that.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
First of all I'm not making decisions based on this.

Hence the poll.

I was looking for an input.

But you aren't making decisions based off of this thread...

I respect your opinion sir but I think I don't need it.

I'm now cross-eyed.

Main point:
<words telling officers what officer material should be> is not officer material then you let me know what is..

/paradox

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

Well, don't think you're going to walk in the door at the 160th SOAR. Getting to fly with them is a privilege, and it's one afforded to few in the Army. I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do, whatever that may be.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! THATS A NICE WAY TO PUT IT. First of all I'm not making decisions based on this. I was looking for an input. Now I dont know why I was criticized for seeking help from a forum that I tough would help me out and not make fun of me. EAS7888 gave me some great advice that made sense to me. Now I may have been criticized but maybe been a battalion commander in JROTC, attending airborne school and air assault with a GPA OF 3.5 is not officer material then you let me know what is. I respect your opinion sir but I think I don't need it. Now If by me asking about jets was such a bad idea then sir what what was so wrong about it? I rather have a leader that ask question so when it comes to the mission he knows what to do then I rather have a leader like that.
Asking a question such as what are the pros and cons is seeking help. Posting a poll is a cheap way of having other peopel make your decision for you. It's a "this" or "that" answer not requiring or providing any actual advice. "I took a poll and the majority said..." There is a difference and this is the reason you don't see many polls on this site.

Further I will go on to say Battalion Commander in JROTC is great but the real military is a different world. The leadership displayed in JROTC is NOT indicative of real world leadership. Additionally, attending Airborne and Air Assault schools are individual accomplishments and while they show motivation, they require no leadership. I'm a former Army grunt and I did Air Assault, EIB and Drill Sargent School. The last was the only one requiring leadership and that had to be demonstrated before attending the school. 3.5 GPA - good for you. But academic achievement is not leadership.

And yes, eas7888 gave you advice. But he did it by writing something not by answering your poll. If you look where he voted, you'll see his feelings on your poll.

So I stand by my vote.