• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need to find a reason to go to Dayton

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I saw it wedged into the old hanagar. It is MASSIVE! Seriously an impressive aircraft and I would've loved to have seen it in operation/flown it. The intakes themselves are taller than me.

jmcquate

Contributor
When I first saw it, it was sitting outside along with some other cool aircraft. With all due respect to the museum in Pcola.............Wright Pat is amazing.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Wait until June of next year when the 4th building is opened. I'm thinking of heading down there to see the new building sometime next year.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
XB-70 is the third most impressive flying machine that made it airborne. (had a model as kid)

fa_396_47gooseflies1_970.jpg

and #1

saturn_v_06.jpg

No greater phrase than "GO FLIGHT!"

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The article described the USAF Museum as "the world's largest aviation museum". Is that actually true? And in terms of what - square footage, number of aircraft?

I went to the Udvar-Hazy annex out at Dulles last year - that place is freaking enormous. I spent most of an afternoon there with my nephew and Fester 2.1 and still don't think I saw everything.

GroundPounder

The article described the USAF Museum as "the world's largest aviation museum". Is that actually true? And in terms of what - square footage, number of aircraft?

I went to the Udvar-Hazy annex out at Dulles last year - that place is freaking enormous. I spent most of an afternoon there with my nephew and Fester 2.1 and still don't think I saw everything.

I can't give you exact figures, but having been to both locations, Dayton is bigger. Think in terms of several buildings that size. The building where the presidential planes and the XB-70 were are just outside this shot.

120131-F-DW547-002.JPG

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
It's bigger than that now:
150917-F-IO108-001.JPG

Here is a pic of the XB-70 being towed into it's new digs:
151027-F-DW547-001.JPG

jmcquate

Contributor

It's Udvar x4.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is the only reason to go to Dayton, I have been there way too often and have yet to find another one.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is the only reason to go to Dayton, I have been there way too often and have yet to find another one.

There was this one girl at the Dayton Airshow...

...but we later figured out she was a lot younger than she was initially playing it off as.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was this one girl at the Dayton Airshow...

...but we later figured out she was a lot younger than she was initially playing it off as.

Soooo, jailbait? I would put that in the 'reason not to go to Dayton' category. Unless you want to add the local jail on your list of sights to see.