• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I wonder if our senior members are in this vid from yesteryear

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VT-4 .... back-in-the-day .... formation & night flying (we left Meridian without doing those two stages due to an accident), guns, and, of course, CQ in the T-2B and T-2C. But then .... due to another accident onboard the LEX while we were qualing which shut down ops for a couple of months before the situation was rectified .... some of us left VT-4 and headed for Advanced -- and Kingsville -- without CQ'ing as well. Advanced and the TA-4 would be our first CQ.

VT-4 and Pensacola was the best place to be in the TRACOM in the late 60's and early 70's ... even better that most of Advanced. The gun pattern was scary and GREAT all at the same time. I wish I could find some pictures of it. It was where we really started to "fly" the airplanes and gained confidence in ourselves as future Aviators ... we were paired with VT-10 student NFO's on some hops .... it was a good experience for both breeds of STUDs ... :)

preflightvt4df9.jpg
vt4t2bvh4.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I wonder if our senior members are in this vid from yesteryear...

Just looked at the vid .... I'm not in it ... but I think I recognize two of the four coming into Maint Control (?) @ 45-48 seconds into the vid. The blond guy doing all the talking is one .... he was a ..... jerk. :)

But it's probably not him .... :)

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot

VT-4 and Pensacola was the best place to be in the TRACOM in the late 60's and early 70's ... even better that most of Advanced. The gun pattern was scary and GREAT all at the same time.

VT-4 was still great in the early '80's when I went through as a retread. T-2's and A-4's: gun pattern over the Gulf, bombing and strafing at the Eglin ranges, the ASDO was responsible for getting intracoastal reports every afternoon so we could decide if we wanted to go water skiing and also call in for tee times if the jets weren't cooperating; debriefs at the Flora-Bama....great times were had by all.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
A4s..what is funny to me is that our group picture is propably close to 40 years old, but it looks like it could be any class since...
some things just don't change

You are right.

And that's why I maintain that Naval Aviation is a special fraternity of Brothers-in-Arms ... bound by a mutual interest and shared commitment .... perhaps in a different time and place .... but nevertheless, Brothers ...

MasterBates

Ditto...

I'll guess that it's not A4s, and he put it up as a diversion.

Like thowing your wingman to the cougars to get a SNAG in the bag.