• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA Video (NEW)

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Here is a new IA video told by the SAILORS, absent the spin from flag officers or PAOs.

http://www.navy.mil/swf/mmu/mmplyr.asp?id=12392

Having sent 1,600 of them over there while working at 2 different Army bases during my year with ECRC, I can honestly say the support for these guys has gotten a lot better!

I was on my way to Iraq (Detainee Ops) until the SWO OCS board had other plans for the rest of my naval career :D.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm sure there's no spin here :sleep_125 Wonder when the Kool-Aid is served. Bullshit......and I leave in two weeks for my BS GSA assignment.

MasterBates

If it's on Navy.mil, it's what the higherups WANT sailors/public to see.

They may be truthful interviews, but how many "I got ripped out of my job on a weeks notice, and am making copies for some AF O-6 who don't know his ass from a hole in the ground" guys did they edit out of that.

And it's hard to "Say what you feel" when you know your boss IS going to see that tape.

brownshoe

Contributor
You guys are dead right, they used to show crap like this to me, and I was in during the 60’s. What’s concerning me is the fact that The Renegade believes this shit and is becoming a SWO. Anybody here want to serve with him? :icon_wink

Reminds me of a story: “A Cessna was flying into Seattle in heavy fog with little fuel left when it's instrumentation went out. The pilot happened to see a tall building through the fog, with a window washer doing his job. The pilot flew closely around the building and, opening the small window of his door, screamed out to the man "Where am I?" Upon the next pass by the man he heard the response, "You're in a plane!" The pilot immediately banked left 10 degrees, flew two miles forward, and came upon the runway lights of the airport. The passengers were astonished, and asked the pilot just how it was that he had gotten them safely to the ground. He responded, "Well, I asked a perfectly straightforward question, and received a perfectly valid but useless answer. I immediately knew that we were passing the Microsoft Technical Support building, and knew how to get us in from there."”

Steve

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Was it me or did anyone else think the anchoring Petty Officer made weird facial expressions for a news reporter?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was it me or did anyone else think the anchoring Petty Officer made weird facial expressions for a news reporter?

Yeah, she's a weird one. It's like she's trying to deliver like a real newscaster, but something just isn't clicking.

Brett

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Jaded mother fuckers......

^^Ditto :icon_wink!

Sure, the IA process is not perfect. The same complaints you hear from those with bad IA experiance are eerily similar to those with bad experiences with various commands in the fleet... we are Sailors, we complain about everything!

Even when we (LNOs) worked our asses off to improve the conditions at the training sites, Sailors still complained that we didn't do more "So, your tell me that you will only give us 2 42inch. flat screen TVs to play video games and watch cable on? How come we cant get 4 TVs?!?! This some bullshit... IA SUCKS!!".

But being a PS, I've learn NOT to let the "jaded" comments of a few Sailors in a group mask the personal thanks and appreciation expressed by the majority!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
th_words-1.gif
We're not saying people do or don't feel their IAs are a rewarding experience. The point people are making is that if you think anything you find on navy.mil has not been reviewed by PAOs, and found congruent to the message sponsored by higher authority, you're a fool.

This doesn't mean that higher authority is necessarily lying, or trying to pull one over on you, but they generate the "official word" or "party line" as it were, and navy.mil is one method of disseminating this. They're the bosses.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I'm sure there's no spin here :sleep_125 Wonder when the Kool-Aid is served. Bullshit......and I leave in two weeks for my BS GSA assignment.

Bunk,
Where are you going? We may have to start up a AW IA/GSA Group here in theatre. I know me and one other AW member are currently on VBC.

My 2C I think you have way too many people here working way too long hours and all we do is make work for other people to do none of which is mission critical enough to justify those long hours. It was frustrating being the most junior person and not being allowed to do the job I was trained for instead being the computer bitch.

The positives you work hard with a lot of great people (although there are assholes in all units) . You tend to have fun and make really close friends when you can find time to have fun. I had a kick ass time on R&R to a place I have always wanted to go. I am also earning every cent of the shit load of money I am banking.

Next time though Go contractor...

:banghead_:banghead_:banghead_

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
The point people are making is that if you think anything you find on navy.mil has not been reviewed by PAOs, and found congruent to the message sponsored by higher authority, you're a fool.

Having sent and received hundreds of Sailors to and from theater, the comments made on the video by those Sailors mirror the countless conversations I’ve had with Sailors coming and going. Reason why I felt the video was absent the generalized PAO messages commonly expressed or heard.

BUT, I see and understand your point on the source used to convey those Sailors sentiments… touché!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk,
Where are you going? We may have to start up a AW IA/GSA Group here in theatre. I know me and one other AW member are currently on VBC.

To Iraq, for right now at least.

As far as I know, the Army should be able to take of itself by now. If not, holy fuck, what is going on in their ranks? My best guess is the higher ups in the Navy want to brief their higher ups that the Navy is viable in this occupation/conflict. Look sir, look how many sailors are in Iraq/Afghanistan/HOA, we are doing great sir as the Kool Aid gets passed around. I wonder how many of them actually went on 12 month IA's??