• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA Video (NEW)

Pags

N/A
pilot
I've had a few fellow JOs go to both AFG/Iraq on IAs. A lot of what they're doing seems to be jobs that would "normally" be done by Nat'l Guard. FOB Safety Officer, contract management, etc. Sounds to me like a shortage of responsible people (or freeing up responsible people to lead combat ops). But there seems to be a lot of Navy JOs acting as the SLJO for Army units. Nothing like taking guys who were motivated to be aviators and sending them to make powerpoint presentations and ensure that everyone wears their reflective belts.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
That video made it seem like everyone that gets an IA will be going outside the wire...

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
That video made it seem like everyone that gets an IA will be going outside the wire...

I have a friend of a friend who was pulled for his squadron to go and IA with the EOD guys so he gets to go outside the wire except his IA is way more stressful since he doesn't know if hes going to get blown up. I think that would be way more than me sitting at my desk building ppts and then getting pissed when the media server goes down. Although the crazy Iraqi Policemen on Route Irish scare the shit outa me.

As far as I know the only IA killed was a supo who went for a joyride outside the wire in the stan.