• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If I may put on my nerd hat for a moment and recommend a good read

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
mmx1 said:
the claimed number contradicts even what Iran officially listed as the official kill count?

The thought process that had gone on was that the Iranian Air Force was perceived as being somewhat "Shah-ist" (hence the purges prior to the war) and the gov't was inclined to give credit for air-to-air kills to SAM batteries, as the ground guys were more politically acceptable...

That thought has inspired a considerable amount of re-examination of the air war there...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
TurnandBurn55 said:
The thought process that had gone on was that the Iranian Air Force was perceived as being somewhat "Shah-ist" (hence the purges prior to the war) and the gov't was inclined to give credit for air-to-air kills to SAM batteries, as the ground guys were more politically acceptable...

That thought has inspired a considerable amount of re-examination of the air war there...

Good info. Big thing with this book is, like I said, there is relatively nothing written on the subject. A lot of conjecture and this book is probably the only piece of work dedicated to the air war. Take it or leave it, but it's better than anyting I've seen on this "air" war.