• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm an ENSIGN!!!!!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well done. The learning is not over by a stretch. Enjoy your time(s) off before taking the next step(s). Enjoy PCOLA & Good luck....stay motivated.
ea6bflyr

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
HAHAH! You guys are awesome....and funny. But seriously, Im so excited to be part of the Navy family, especially the aviation community. Its still sinking in. I cant stop smiling :)

For those close to commissioning, BUST YOUR BUTT! Dont EVER give up. If becoming a naval officer is your goal, bust your a$$ ans stay positivo. There were times when i felt like not getting back on the horse. but the motivation i received from my airwarrior brothers and my family and friends helped me stay the course. Good luck and i hope to see u guys out in the fleet :)

TheFlyingMNM

Fezz CB said:
... but the motivation i received from my airwarrior brothers...

And sisters....come on Fezz! haha

Hey congrats on commissioning! Mine was on a cold and wet day - typical Boston "spring". Hope yours was a beautiful day. And it's def great to see how proud our parents get. :)

IFS is a lot of fun so hopefully you'll get to start it soon. See you in Pensacola!

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
haha! Right you are Marissa. Sisters as well. Im about 7 hrs away from pcola. Man, driving long distances suck .

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ZRX04 said:
you are a DORK!!!!!
Concur, must be an inside joke. So, guess I will joing.

"you are a dork" j/k

Many congrats, and best of luck in the upcoming training.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Being an Ensign is cool for about two months, then it's like "Man, I gotta pick up JG already."

In all seriousness though, congrats!

ip568

None
Congratulations!

I walked on air... the feel of a "real" uniform (not that "highly starched tropical khaki long"), returning salutes from Es and AOCs, the fine fall air, the sunshine...no more DI banging my head against the bunk rail and screaming into my ear that I was a "doofus"...ah...!

This feeling lasted exactly four days, until I went into the Pensacola O Club bar for the first time... wearing my cover. DING!DING!DING!DING! I had to buy a round for everyone in the bar (1800 on Friday). Wiped me out financially until the next pay day.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
fc2spyguy said:
so, does being an ensign require this look? :confused:

Yes, it does... it's all part of the "Ensign Salute"... I've had to use it a few times.

It's the natural thing to do when you make an Ensign Mistake... (just don't make too many)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Fezz CB said:
"Ensign Salute?" Explain por favore.

The shoulder shrug followed by "Sir, I didn't realize I was being retarded. Thank you for the new @$$h***."

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
haha. i still havent had the pleasure of the ENS salute, but im sure i will someday.

Is it just me, or do Jr Enlisted folk, both Marine and Sailors at NASP, purposely walk the other direction just to avoid saluting an officer?? Ive seen it ona number of occasions on my way to the NEX. One dude made it super obvious and tripped on his own shoe. haha. I tried so hard not to chuckle :)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You're not dreaming... it happens. Mids at USNA do it too...

Also, some senior and master chiefs won't salute ensigns... Dunno why, but it happens.