• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imperial Valley Airport

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Any of you guys from NASNI or Camp Pendleton been to Imperial Valley airport lately? We're planning to stge out of the FBO there for a few days, and wondered about the facilities, service, etc. The information available on Airnav.com is scarce, and upon calling them, they of course said the service was great, etc, etc.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

MasterBates

As long as our short little legs can reach, anyways.

Lots of destinations (Read: any airport with contract fuel) rocks!

Only being able to go 300-350 a bag does put a restriciton on where we can get to in reasonable time. The man does not want us going over 800 miles away on a true X-C, so we are pretty much limited to Houston in the west, DC(winter) NYC (summer)in the north. Chicago is do-able, but you have to get an O-4 that wants to go that far to have enough juice to make the man say OK.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The man does not want us going over 800 miles away on a true X-C, so we are pretty much limited to Houston in the west, DC(winter) NYC (summer)in the north.

Do the distances from Jax to DC and NYC change from the summer to the winter?

MasterBates

Yep, its a WX thing. Had an OIC and the QAO get stuck in CT for somethign like a week becasue of it. (of course, the MRB/TRB de-ice was non-functional as always).

That and only "special" relativity applies in HSL.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Fly- I know we can dump fuel in an emergency, but I don't remember if they can be dropped or not, I think if necessary they can. But that'd require looking in the NATOPS, which I don't do on Saturdays.

Do you have an All Stores, Sono Jettison button? That cuts them for us.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Funny question: Do helos have a maximum landing weight? Sounds silly, but helos are foreign to me.

Nope. We generally hit the flight deck a little more gently than you guys.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Yeah we've got the all stores jettison button. I just couldn't remember, since I just started flying. Still trying to retain everything.