• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important news to anyone still waiting to hear back about a 4-year scholarship

jtellez

I finished everything like at the end of December and haven't heard back yet so I called my NROTC Coordinator today and he told me what's up with the Board's selections. They recently met, like last week, but their selections from that meeting haven't been released yet even though they thought they'd have them out by now, but any day now they'll come out. Also, they are meeting this week too and its the final meeting so all decisions and selections will be made now. So basically everyone waiting to hear back should hear back really soon. Well I hope that helps, just thought I'd pass the info along, good luck to anyone else thats also still waiting to hear back.

beuxbunk

Well thank god for that!

I guess I speak for everyone when I say I just about have a heart failure everytime i check the bloody status page... just to find that sentance: No desion had been made on your scholarship! :eek:
I dont even want the thing anymore! I just want to stop wondering... its killing us! Well thanks for the info

jtellez

Haha no problem man, omg wow I feel EXACTLY like you do. Every damn times its the same damn thing... no decision has been made on your application....

Anyways, I have an update. I emailed my coordinator to ask him how long it will take for the last two boards' selection decisions to come out and I just got an email from my NROTC coordinator saying that the decisions from the last two boards, which is everyone that is left, will be released by Mid-May. Even though thats a LONG 3 weeks from now, its good to know that so we know when to expect to hear something back. Oh and he says the first people to know are the coordinators who receive the list of appointments from the board via email then they call everyone up, then a day or two later the website is updated, and finally the board also sends out a postcard saying you got a scholarship. I know different people who found out different ways but according to my own coordinator, he said I'd find out first from a phone call from him.

jtellez

I just found out today that I got a scholarship. Its to my first choice, VMI, and im sooooooooooooo DAMN HAPPY!

"Congratulations! You have been selected for a 4-yr Navy Option scholarship and assigned to the NROTC Unit at the Virginia Military Institute. " That replaced the damn "no decision has been made on your application" statement.

jtellez

Thanks, its I feel so honored to have received the scholarship. I also want to say I'm very greatful to have found this board because I learned a lot from posts here and its been really helpful.

NavalAviator

Glad to hear that we'll be getting the results really soon. I feel the same way that all of you do...been tired of getting the same old response: No decision has been made on your application.

Congrats on getting into VMI jtellez, I visited their campus in early 2005 and I really liked what I saw!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
jtellez said:
I just found out today that I got a scholarship. Its to my first choice, VMI, and im sooooooooooooo DAMN HAPPY!

"Congratulations! You have been selected for a 4-yr Navy Option scholarship and assigned to the NROTC Unit at the Virginia Military Institute. " That replaced the damn "no decision has been made on your application" statement.

Congrats dude. Hey, are you going to STP?

iwishiwaseatin

Hmm mhhmm
pilot
Gents, be patient with your waiting, I also was finished with my scholarship application and interviews in Dec. (2002) and didnt find out that I had recieved it until Jun 2, (2003). It was a good graduation gift indeed. I dont know if that happens often, but it did happen to me.

NavalAviator

I got my application in by mid-November. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's waiting so long!

Some of us might get a lucky break...when I was at MEPS over in San Antonio, I got word that the Navy was going to fall short on their overall NROTC quota because high school kids have low interest in the military as a result of the war in Iraq. Therefore, the Navy is desperately trying to fill the slots.

I guess we'll see.

jtellez

AllAmerican75 said:
Congrats dude. Hey, are you going to STP?

Yeah I plan on going. Its not 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll attend. I wanna take Chemistry outta the way. What bout u?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm going to STP and will probably be taking pre-calculus to get me ready for my mechanical engineering courses.