• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important news to anyone still waiting to hear back about a 4-year scholarship

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
NavalAviator said:
Some of us might get a lucky break...when I was at MEPS over in San Antonio, I got word that the Navy was going to fall short on their overall NROTC quota because high school kids have low interest in the military as a result of the war in Iraq. Therefore, the Navy is desperately trying to fill the slots.

I find this hard to believe... Who was it that was saying this? There definitely seem to be more than enough people who didn't get picked up for NROTC scholarships... Maybe the applications dropped this year, but "desperate" seems a little unbelievable.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
NavalAviator said:
I got my application in by mid-November. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's waiting so long!

Some of us might get a lucky break...when I was at MEPS over in San Antonio, I got word that the Navy was going to fall short on their overall NROTC quota because high school kids have low interest in the military as a result of the war in Iraq. Therefore, the Navy is desperately trying to fill the slots.

I guess we'll see.

To the contrary. In the letter I received it said that there was a record number of applicants, and I was one of the many who did not receive a scholarship.

STARFlight145

(HighDimension, you were right. I had to change my name and I am no longer NavalAviator, I am STARFlight145)

I don't know what to say guys. The recruiter I spoke with told me that the NROTC quotas would fall short. Either he was incorrect or it was a miscommunication.

------

For all else waiting for their application results, what college options did you put down? I've got Embry-Riddle as preffered option 1 and Oregon State University as option 2.