• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Inside Scoop: HC-4 to be deployed in combat operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
When I was going through the RAG, some HC-4 guys were there getting spun up on NVG flying. Talking to those guys, sounds like they'll be pretty busy. Ought to be a good deal.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I'm up in Norfolk right now and HC-4 isnt taking anymore pilots at the moment. When they were taking folks they were only taking single guys. and for those that want it out of flight school there are actually quite a few pilots up here ready to volunteer if slots open up. their homeport is Norfolk now but basically everyone thats qualified is off to Iraq.

Blind Squirrel

The new CO ChuckMK23 was referring to was relieved after he had two Class ALPHA's in his squadron within 6 months. He avoided getting relieved for cause by hanging his Lieutenants out to dry. Ya Chuck your buddy is one hell of a guy! Has anyone bothered to wonder why the Navy would send a Squadron with no NVG training, combat experience, whose pilots had been without a mission for two years and getting by on 100 odd flight hours a year, pilots who were barely qualified for their previous mission (four Class ALPHA's in 2.5 years), to Iraq? Who plans this kind of operation? Why would you wait until the command was 55% manned then deploy it to a combat zone while simultaneously moving its Home Guard across the Atlantic?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Blind Squirrel said:
The new CO ChuckMK23 was referring to was relieved after he had two Class ALPHA's in his squadron within 6 months. He avoided getting relieved for cause by hanging his Lieutenants out to dry. Ya Chuck your buddy is one hell of a guy! Has anyone bothered to wonder why the Navy would send a Squadron with no NVG training, combat experience, whose pilots had been without a mission for two years and getting by on 100 odd flight hours a year, pilots who were barely qualified for their previous mission (four Class ALPHA's in 2.5 years), to Iraq? Who plans this kind of operation? Why would you wait until the command was 55% manned then deploy it to a combat zone while simultaneously moving its Home Guard across the Atlantic?

I think "we" (Airwarriors helo types) are getting an idea of where you are coming from. You should probably take your bitterness somewhere else.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
What a beast. I caught a ride in one after I winged in corpus, just for kicks. It was like flying in a bus. Really fun standing at the open rear door looking out over the TX country side. I'd fly it!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blind Squirrel said:

You're obviously here to trash HC-4 and it's former CO. That CO has moved on, and there are new folks running the show now. I know first hand that HC-4 is getting the mission done. I know first hand of how much training (maybe over trained) they underwent to deploy.

You are attempting to paint a picture of a rogue squadron filled with incompentent morons who are one day handed a pair of NVGs and told to report overnight to downtown Baghdad for combat action. That isn't the real story, is it? I believe you wish they would fail, so you would feel justified in your story.

No one would refute the squadron had some dark times. It is over now, and they are moving forward.

It appears you are trying to run a personal expose' on the squadron on public forum. It is embarrassing to read, but I am not going to sit here and let you further denigrate a commissioned Naval Aviation squadron who is being war-tasked by the highest levels of the OSD. Pilots are still being selected in the pipeline for HC-4.

Your posts are transparent. Read the responses. If I was a moderator, I would ban you. You don't bring anything fruitful to this board. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.