• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran unveils it's latest weapon: We're all doomed

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Guy1: "Sir we have some flying boats headed to the states, threatening us over the radio..." Guy2: " Do you want the Air Force or the Navy? " Guy1: "We will talk about it over lunch, they are scheduled to be here in about a week."

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Stealth? Anyone that has been in the back of a Hawkeye knows that this thing was MADE to be detected my an E-2. It's perfect.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Looks like an F'n joke. Hope you were being sarcastic on the threadstarter. Although they should be great target practice for sidewinders!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
This part is awesome:

"Islamic Republic of Iran is one of the few countries which managed to design, build and use flying boats in a short time," said Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi, who oversaw the delivering of the aircraft at the Bandar Abbas naval facility on the Persian Gulf near the Strait of Hormuz.

That's a serious accomplishment, right there.

Reconjoe

Hope you were being sarcastic on the threadstarter.

This isn't a time to joke around, I think you need to seriously consider the consequences that befall us all if we don't take this lightly armed platform serious.

Especially with their high level of training and ability to taxi in PERFECT circles for hours on end.

Lets just hope Lockheed can get the F/A-22 Sea Raptor (thunderduck) operational in time to meet this stealth threat head on.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
All kidding aside this is an example of an asymmetrical threat. Just as small boats can be legitimate threats to major combatants, I can see how a missile-armed flying boat that can fly literally at 0' could present a major defensive challenge, especially in very confined waters.

Yes, they would lose a butt-ton of these things impaled on CIWS rounds, but a couple could get through and seriously damage or sink one of our largely unarmored surface combatants. Our pain threshold is notoriously low. Just like terrorists, they would only have to get it right once. We have to get it right every time.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll start worrying when they develop ill-tempered sea bass . . .

sickboy

pilot
F6F%20Hell%20Cat%20-%20In%20Flight%202.jpg

Just another excuse to bring these bad boys back.