• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iranian Military Power Vids

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hate seeing our aircraft flown by other countries especially our enemies.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Do you hate seeing the Aussies and Canadians fly our Hornets? What about the Turks flying our F-16s? Without a hefty export market for some of our military hardware, our own government would not have been able to afford or even produce them. Thirty years ago, the Iranians were our strongest ally in the Middle East and the only thing between the Soviets and all the oil producing states in the Gulf region. Small price to pay, IMO.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thirty years ago, the Iranians were our strongest ally in the Middle East and the only thing between the Soviets and all the oil producing states in the Gulf region. Small price to pay, IMO.

Brett

Something many seem to forget. Read Red Storm Rising . . .

Kycntryboy

pilot
I don't understand this line of thinking. Do you hate seeing the Aussies and Canadians fly our Hornets? What about the Turks flying our F-16s? Without a hefty export market for some of our military hardware, our own government would not have been able to afford or even produce them. Thirty years ago, the Iranians were our strongest ally in the Middle East and the only thing between the Soviets and all the oil producing states in the Gulf region. Small price to pay, IMO.

Brett

IMHO Our aircraft are a symbol of American Ingenuity and Pride, I understand that the development of these aircraft is extremely expensive as they grow to be more increasing complicated and it makes sense to share the burden across the board. It seems that the only real airframe we use substantially that was foreign designed was the Harrier (If I am unaware of others please correct me). However allies are only allies while each has something to gain. I am neither Canadian, Aussie nor Turkish and I will never be. I will fight along side of them when they are our allies, if they ever turn I will fight against them as my enemy. I understand that when another country uses a weapon that we created we know the limitations of that system, however the thought/possibility of weapons we create being potentially used against us, does not sit with me well.

V/R
Clay

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IMHO Our aircraft are a symbol of American Ingenuity and Pride, I understand that the development of these aircraft is extremely expensive as they grow to be more increasing complicated and it makes sense to share the burden across the board. It seems that the only real airframe we use substantially that was foreign designed was the Harrier (If I am unaware of others please correct me). However allies are only allies while each has something to gain. I am neither Canadian, Aussie nor Turkish and I will never be. I will fight along side of them when they are our allies, if they ever turn I will fight against them as my enemy. I understand that when another country uses a weapon that we created we know the limitations of that system, however the thought/possibility of weapons we create being potentially used against us, does not sit with me well.

V/R
Clay

Well, you're certainly not lacking in the bravado dept. I just don't think you understand the big picture I'm trying to present to you. We market our weapons systems out of necessity, not by choice.

Brett

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
It seems that the only real airframe we use substantially that was foreign designed was the Harrier (If I am unaware of others please correct me).

^^Don't forget the T-45s, BAe gave us a contract for that airframe as well, although they were modified and partially re-designed to be carrier-borne. For the most part its a BAe hawk with beefier landing gear and different placement for the air brake.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It seems that the only real airframe we use substantially that was foreign designed was the Harrier (If I am unaware of others please correct me).

V/R
Clay

VH-92 (EH/US101/new Marine One)

US101_1.jpg

UH-145 (Eurocopter 145/new Army Light Utility Helo)

euroUH145.jpg

HH-65 (Eurocopter Dauphin/USCG helo)

HH-65%20on%20ramp_2.jpg

HU-25 (French Falcon 20/USCG Plane)

CG12_Dassault_HU-25_Guardian_PeterMancus.jpg

HC-144A (CASA CN-235/USCG Plane)

mparollout.jpg

T-6A Texan II (license-built/improved Swiss PC-9)

T-6A.jpg

MH-68 (Augusta A109/USCG Helo)

hitron.jpg

RQ-2 Pioneer (Israeli UAV)

RQ2photo.jpg

RQ-5 Hunter (Israeli UAV)

Hunter%20RQ-5.gif

That enough foreign aircraft in US service for you?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note to self . . . read page 1 before posting . . .:dunce_125