• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the President of Iran a Terrorist ???

UMichfly

pilot
None
HH-60H said:
When you say legit, do you mean he was "elected" to his post by the citizens of Iran?

In this context, I just meant that it appears he wasn't the known terrorist that he was suspected of being right after the election. As far as the question of the legitimacy of the election....that's a WHOLE different story.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
CNN reports also in the same piece:

".....Two former hostages told CNN they remain certain Ahmadinejad was involved in plotting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979, in which 52 hostages were held for 444 days.

The two also said they saw the man they identify as Ahmadinejad many times while they were held, and that he appeared to be in a supervisory role.

A senior State Department official said the government is defining "hostage-taker" as someone who was "involved in the planning, execution and conduct" of taking people captive.
The dispute over what role Ahmadinejad may or may not have played has immediate significance, as the Bush administration considers whether to grant him a visa to attend a coming U.N. meeting in New York...."

Give me a break. That's B.S. I guess it comes down to: who has more credibility ...??? These two former hostages/prisoners, or the CIA/State which has a vested geo-political interest in the President of Iran NOT being "that guy" .... you tell me.

UMichfly

pilot
None
"The State Department has been conducting interviews with some former hostages over the past week. Most of the former hostages have said Ahmadinejad was not present during the hostage-taking, two U.S. government officials said."

.Well, it's the credibility of those two individuals vs that of the CIA as well as "most of the former hostages". I agree, there's a definite vested interest in him not being that guy, but in my short experience, I haven't seen much faith placed in the word of the Iranians. I don't know why the CIA would want to change that stance now.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You mean the same dependable, trustworthy, reliable, gets the job done, bureacratic CIA that didn't want the alleged "Able Danger" information on Atta and others .... ???

*edit* ... "that" CIA and a ton of "other" things that they haven't done right for a long time ... where are John McCone, Richard Helms, Bill Colby, and William Casey when we need them .... ???