• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It's ALMOST Pardon time

Redux

Who's it gonna be, Duke Cunningham, the two border agents..........gotta be some eye openers. Look how they can come back and bite 8 years later, Holden and Rich for instance. ;)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Scooter Libby...maybe.

Duke Cunningham...no way.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Faust...but wait, then you have to make a deal with the devil...I guess we'll leave that for the next President...wow... that's deep... I'm goin to bed, my brain hurts now.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Mark Cuban?

Then he goes and buys the Cubs

If Bud Selig didn't like Cuban to begin with, he wont even let him sniff the Cubs now.

Good riddance, he may have turned the Cubs into a winner....no, wait....not possible.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about no one? Why is it that these end of term pardons are all about a "get out of jail free card" and seldom about mitigating a perceived wrong from the judicial system. Now, one could probably argue the legitimacy of the Scooter Libby case on it's merits and justify a pardon, but the damage has already been done and he avoided the bulk of the penalty. I would also probably argue that, eventhough the charge he eventually went down on was bogus, he was probably complicit in the whole Plame affair (along with a host of others who escaped indictment).

Brett

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
I hope they let the Border Patrol Agents go... talk about getting hung out to dry. BP morale is at an all time low currently, this may help a bit.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Cunningham is small potatoes compared to Rich, after Clinton, Libby should be sprung.

Did he or did he not do wrong? Why does he deserve a pardon? In appreciation for his kills over VN 40 years ago?

Shit, I'm going jets then if making ace is a get out of jail free card.

Coota0

None
Did he or did he not do wrong? Why does he deserve a pardon? In appreciation for his kills over VN 40 years ago?

Shit, I'm going jets then if making ace is a get out of jail free card.

Agreed. I would love to meet him so that I could tell my childhood hero what useless waste of space he is.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
Have you read up on what those guys actually did? I have a dim view to public servants who break the law.

Department of Homeland Security OIG Report

A pretty good Opinion piece from Andrew C. McCarthy.

Op-Ed Piece on National Review Online

Second guessing someone who puts up with that shit everyday= Monday Morning QB. I don't trust the AUSA. BP needs to back up their agents, not question everything action they take. DHS OIG= PC at its finest. Let CBP/BP do their job and protect themselves, screw the politics.

The AUSA screwed them and let off a drug smuggler - who was caught AGAIN shortly after the trial.