• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Japanese designate new field for FCLP

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Japanese Government has decided on where CVW-5 aircraft will conduct their FCLP sorties in light of pending move to Iwakuni. Maybe they could help Navy with Oceana's OLF issue.....

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
The Japanese Government has decided on where CVW-5 aircraft will conduct their FCLP sorties in light of pending move to Iwakuni. Maybe they could help Navy with Oceana's OLF issue.....

I'll never understand the issue. You build a house next to Fentress, then bitch about the noise. Explain to me again why you don't deserve a swift kick in the face?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I'll never understand the issue. You build a house next to Fentress, then bitch about the noise. Explain to me again why you don't deserve a swift kick in the face?

Its like one of my favorite quotes:

"You could build an airport on the moon, and some asshole will still build a house next to it and bitch about the noise"

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Look at Denver international. They literally built it in the middle of no where. Miles from anything, and people are building neighborhoods right next door. WTF?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
When is someone in the military going to just have the balls to tell congress/sureriors/powers that be/local population/et al. to shove it?

Look at Oceana. I don't know if they have the record for noise complaints, but it wouldn't suprise me. And a lot of those complaints come from neighborhoods that are pretty new. C'mon! The focus is on being PC to the locals rather than using logic. Frustrating...

I knew a lof of the BRAC folks a few years ago on a stint in Washington, and those complaints weighed on their decisions for recomendations for what goes where. I understand a little the reasons for building bases in garden spots like Enid to avoid airspace congestion issues. But...if there were more bases in places like San Dawg or other fun places I guarentee the military would have better retention of their troops. Naturally, that aspect of troop welfare doesn't really come into play much.

But if you want to end the need for stop loss just open up MCAS Miami and Australia...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Look at Oceana. I don't know if they have the record for noise complaints, but it wouldn't suprise me. And a lot of those complaints come from neighborhoods that are pretty new. C'mon! The focus is on being PC to the locals rather than using logic. Frustrating...

When I was 12 I lived about 4 miles from the end of the runway at Oceana, my entire family loved it, especially the weekend of the air show.

Also, this was the first I had heard about CVW 5 wanting to get a different location for FCLP's. I can completely understand why, with Iwo Jima being so far away from Atsugi, though. Those dets to Iwo Jima were pretty col though, becasue they were so different than anything else we ever did. We would pack up and go there for 3 or 4 days and there was literally nothing to do there after work but go hiking and get drunk, which is what we did. Every time we went there we would make the trek to the top of Mount Suribachi, which was a very emotional experience. It was crazy standing up there, looking around the entire island as it is in complete silence, knowing what once happened there and how many lives were lost on that small island.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at Denver international. They literally built it in the middle of no where. Miles from anything, and people are building neighborhoods right next door. WTF?

They want to be close to DIA, but soon hate the noise. :icon_rage

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I vote for Miyakojima ... the WX and diving is mo' bettah'. Nice runway, too .... :)

miyakojimako0.jpg

bb1125

None
Also, this was the first I had heard about CVW 5 wanting to get a different location for FCLP's. I can completely understand why, with Iwo Jima being so far away from Atsugi, though.

CVW 5 is moving to Iwakuni @2013. That's why they were looking for a new location.

navyao

I'd buy a house next door to Fentress - that would be a blast! I bet a lot would be pretty inexpensive too. You guys can't enter the break at MACH or anything so I wouldn't be loosing windows either!

My grandpa told me about an auxiliary field they, (WI Air Guard) used in the 50's and 60's right on lake Michigan. If any of you are familiar with Summerfest in MKE that field is now part of the Summerfest grounds. Anyway, what about building something on the water? A landfill of sorts. The Japanese built an entire IAP in the Sea of Japan didn't they? It could be another Mt. Trashmore but flat and at sea...I suppose then the conservation nuts and tree huggers would fight that tooth and nail.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Osaka Kansai is built like that. So is Hong Kong Lantau. The Japs are going to help build an airport in Orawan bay as well, supposedly, so that they can close down Futenma. We'll see on that one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Osaka Kansai is built like that. So is Hong Kong Lantau. ....
Almost same-same, Devril(sic)-Dog Sailwor (sic) Man ....

Lantau is built on bedrock ...

Kansai is built on shifting bottom with much sinking going on .. and on ... and on ... and much hissing as wrell (sic). :eek:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... so. :)