• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joint Aircraft Projects

Grant

You didn't read all the posts and must have missed: Programs don't automatically get a "Joint" designator. That comes after initial staffing of the "requirement" by a service which includes staffing to the other services for "joint potential designation" as "Joint" or "Joint Interest" or service unique.

Although the ultimate F-22 program had no takers, there were several tries to make it joint and Naval personnel were part of the NATF effort at Wright Pat.

Proposed F-22N
[/IMG]

Oh I know, I meant it "tongue in cheek". :D

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
The nation cannot and should not shoulder the cost of 4 or 5 seperate tactical jet programs at once like we did in the 70's and 80's, 2 1/2 at once is already stretching the budget.

Well, the F(not A)-22 is almost 4 separate tactical jet programs in and of itself....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The skyrocketing cost of government entitlement programs will consume more and more of the government treasury, and a tempting target would be the big fat DoD budget of approximately $400 billion dollars a year

Juvenal said:
... i am pridem, ex quo suffragia nulli uendimus, effudit curas; nam qui dabat olim imperium, fasces, legiones, omnia, nunc se continet atque duas tantum res anxius optat, panem et circenses. ...
Translation: Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions - everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses.