• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jose Jimenez... on approach

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That is better than the cut pass for power in the wires you can get in the Goshawk.
You mean that some Training LSO's give baby carrier pilots a CUT pass (which is intended for gross, unsafe deviations inside the wave-off point) to some puckered newbie who has trapped, is hangin' in the wires, eyes bugged, at MRT ... ???

Am I understanding that correctly ... ??? If so, that's a below average for the LSO.

All that needs be done is to say something like: "Power in the wires ... in the wires, come back on the power -- you're not makin' the ship go any faster ... "

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean that some Training LSO's give baby carrier pilots a CUT pass (which is intended for gross, unsafe deviations inside the wave-off point) to some puckered newbie who has trapped, is hangin' in the wires, eyes bugged, at MRT ... ???

Am I understanding that correctly ... ??? If so, that's a below average for the LSO.

All that needs be done is to say something like: "Power in the wires ... in the wires, come back on the power -- you're not makin' the ship go any faster ... "
I think he is referring to IDLE in the wires, which every LSO who ever taught me made abundantly clear was among the gravest of ball-flying sins.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I think he is referring to IDLE in the wires, which every LSO who ever taught me made abundantly clear was among the gravest of ball-flying sins.

O.K. ... that's different. Obviously ... understanding is a good thing -- thanks for clearing ME up.

That would get a counseling
scream-session from me immediately over the radio. Possibly a down, depending on the STUD and his overall progress. If he's having trouble, let him go to the beach and do it again next month after he's thought about it for a while. I've done that to STUDs and shaky Fleet pilots before ...

I should have known better than to suggest that an LSO could get a "below average" ... :)

brownshoe

Contributor
"They want to make me an astronaut? Oh, I hope not..."

Great scene, when men were men.

I know these other guys' aren't talking about the movie. So I'll threadjack with you. :)

I looked for the original skit that was in the movie. Sorry, I couldn’t find it anywhere. Here’s part of the Jose Jimenez appearance on the Ed Sullivan show

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e9_1180667991

Ah yes… “The Ed Sullivan Show.” Sunday nights we’d be glued to the TV. Now you young people won’t understand the rest of this, so you can just stop reading. However… you older people, well just remember his voice and his stilted body language: “Right here on our stage, waiting to sing “The Mayflower Certainly Didn’t Smell Like One…” Or… “Bring out the tap dancing mosquitoes…”

Some of the acts were pure crap! Some were very good. But we watched didn’t we?
Here’s one
Steve