• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JPAS and Current Employer

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The investigator only talks to the individual seeking a clearance if clarification or amplifying information is needed.
I suspect that this "high priority" thing might be an internal processing classification for the contracted investigation company.
They get paid when you get processed. So, might be just the business is ensuring they wrap up your p-work in accordance with company goals.
I was also asked if any of my contacts/references were immediately available (in the same building/ship) to expedite the p-work.
I wasn't interviewed by NCIS last time (Spring '07) , definitely an ex-LEO turned contractor.
Good luck.

nugget61

pilot
Resurrecting an old thread, is there any way to get them to not contact my current employer? I start a new job tomorrow and will only be there until OCS (hopefully March) but I need the income and they'd let me go (probationary) if they found out I'm leaving that soon.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Resurrecting an old thread, is there any way to get them to not contact my current employer? I start a new job tomorrow and will only be there until OCS (hopefully March) but I need the income and they'd let me go (probationary) if they found out I'm leaving that soon.

No. And asking for them to ignore such a thing would be highly suspect. Being less than honest with an employer because you knew you'd be leaving soon is not going to cause any suspicion. Relax. I did the same thing the summer I left for college. Having tons of debt and bad credit. THAT is something you should be worried about, not that some disgruntled employer is pissed because you left shortly after being hired and didn't tell them.

yakboyslim

None
I was able to give enough reason and honest information that my investigator never called my d-bag stepfather. Him and my mom were in the middle of a divorce, but he was still technically my stepfather so my investigator said she "might need to call him." I was able to give her enough background, including a lot of court info, that she did not call him.

That's a little different than a current employer though.

magnetfreezer

The investigator only talks to the individual seeking a clearance if clarification or amplifying information is needed.
I suspect that this "high priority" thing might be an internal processing classification for the contracted investigation company.
They get paid when you get processed. So, might be just the business is ensuring they wrap up your p-work in accordance with company goals.
I was also asked if any of my contacts/references were immediately available (in the same building/ship) to expedite the p-work.
I wasn't interviewed by NCIS last time (Spring '07) , definitely an ex-LEO turned contractor.
Good luck.

'2' - several friends that got clearances back in '07 got them fairly quickly since the new contract required the company to complete some % of all clearances within 90 days.

nugget61

pilot
Thanks for the replies Otto and slim.
Is it still accurate to expect them to start knocking on doors a week or so after the pro-rec? If so, that'd at least give me till late January and then I wouldn't tell my boss till then as opposed to right away.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Is it still accurate to expect them to start knocking on doors a week or so after the pro-rec? If so, that'd at least give me till late January and then I wouldn't tell my boss till then as opposed to right away.

It took me until the RAG to get a clearance, while some got it before commissioning. Who knows. Chances are, they'll start their investigation pretty soon after acceptance, if not during/after OCS.

blarged

ready

Pro-rec: May
FS: October
They started knocking on doors late October