• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JSF name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space rodie

(in the spirit of, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people..)

Maybe I missed it, but is the JSF actually going to have a name, or is it stuck in acronym purgatory for then next 50 years? You folks may have discussed this already but here's a few ideas....

Tomcat 2
Wasp
Clutch (for that LockMart design of the lift fan)
Bumblebee (hey, it hovers..and some folks think it's not supposed to be able to fly)
Albatros
White Elephant

Reactions: bch

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I like growler better than musketeer. "Musketeer" implies that its mission is to protect a king, which in my opinion is somewhat ironic, primarily due to the fact that this country established its independence in defiance of a king. Crumpets and tea anyone?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Godspeed said:
I like growler better than musketeer. "Musketeer" implies that its mission is to protect a king, which in my opinion is somewhat ironic, primarily due to the fact that this country established its independence in defiance of a king. Crumpets and tea anyone?

Yeah, there are weird french overtones in the musketeer. I don't know who's idea that one was. But growler? it's like flying a plane named "big smelly dump"

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ But it's like Prowler and that one is cool and G comes before P so the Growler HAS to be that much cooler!

I can't make up anything humorously sarcastic for Musketeer, that is just straight up crap. They might as well have named it the Dainty or the Ambiguously Gay Parisean.

B

Blutonski816

good god....
Musketeer??

I think an entire generation of SNAs will end up putting jets as their last choice for this....

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Well, other than Alexandre Dumas' novel, the first thing I thought of was the Beech A23 Musketeer

Perhaps our friends in the Great White North got a little bit confused and ordered the wrong Musketeer?

musk.jpg

Beech CT-134 Musketeer

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that the aircraft with the interconnected ailerons and rudder?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
The Musketeer? MUSKETEER?!? Yikes what an awful name.

How about something more manly like the Male Cheerleader? Or the Ballerina?

Maybe they'll make the Musketeer (heh heh, laugh everytime I say it) pilots wear tights and carry little swords ...
menintit.jpg

Rock on Muketeer drivers ...
FF61007L.jpg

Copying A4s by putting the pics in, but he does know how to make a point ...

Status
Not open for further replies.