• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JSF to be "Lightning II"

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
So from what I've heard the Marine Corps. is going to keep the EA-6B around until 2025 and jack parts from Navy EA-6Bs once they get the shocker/ do various avionics & electronic warfare systems upgrades... never going to actually acquire the "shocker" ... anyone hear different?

I thought the idea was to task ALL electronic warfare to the EA-18G's (ie do away with Prowlers across the board). No?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I was reading the Marine Corps.' annual projects bulletin and it included the EA-6B being extended and upgraded up until 2025.... so I guess it will be joint-tasking?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So from what I've heard the Marine Corps. is going to keep the EA-6B around until 2025 and jack parts from Navy EA-6Bs once they get the shocker/ do various avionics & electronic warfare systems upgrades... never going to actually acquire the "shocker" ... anyone hear different?

That's true - no Shocker for the USMC, although flying the Prowlers through 2025 is a bit optimistic IMO.

@ Inverted: HD/LD EA "National Assets" will always be joint tasking, I.E. they go where they're needed.

Brett

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
That's true - no Shocker for the USMC, although flying the Prowlers through 2025 is a bit optimistic IMO.

@ Inverted: HD/LD EA "National Assets" will always be joint tasking, I.E. they go where they're needed.

Brett

So has the AF's proposed EB-52 project been canned?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So has the AF's proposed EB-52 project been canned?

They are allegedly pursuing a "variety" of EA alternatives. At the end of the day, whatever deficiencies or gaps that exist in whatever they come up with are going to be covered by existing EA assets (read Navy and USMC) like they are today. Write it down.

Brett

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
The Unclass brief we got from Lockheed was the Navy should have a full complement of the -35 in 2013.