• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just need advice

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
i was just frustrated because i feel old as hell and still haven't decided on a career.

Relax. 23 is NOT old, sheesh. I didn't even start college until I was 26. Here you are 23 and almost done. You do sound like you are not sold on being in the military. If you look around on AW you will find that one of the most consistent pieces of advice you will find is that you have to want it. You cannot join the military with ambivalent feelings. That sets you up for failure.

glory bound

freeflyer
Iknow it sounds like i'm not sold on the military, but it's more like i'm not sold on a specific career in the military. I've already made up my mind about the officer program. When i think about what i want to do, i can't think about anything else. This is it! Thanks

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
Talking about Robots. . . When I was finishing NROTC, all the guys in blue down the hall (AFROTC) were being told they had to take on an engineering major. I do not know if it was a test project or a new policy, but to have all of your people get the same education seems very robotic! Also, the boat for 6 months... From what I hear, the Air Force guys go on unaccompanied year long tours every so often (i.e without your family).

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I've already made up my mind about the officer program.

Its time to get on the ball. What is it you want to do? The Navy has several programs that you can choose from right outta college. What are your strong points? Call a recruiter and discuss your strengths with him. They can probably help guide you along. BTW, I wish I was 23 again...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But i was wondering if there were any NAVY officers here, and what OCS and the officer tests were like to get in. thanks for the honesty.

Ahem, have you noticed the wings under the usernames? They correlate to Navy or Marine Corps designated Naval Aviators/Flight Officers (you can usually tell by their posts or profile which service they belong to). Note: we do have token SWOs and a few other cats and dogs, but there are likely more Navy officers here per poster than anywhere else you might wander except Sailor Bob and they won't let you into their inner sanctum.

Bottom line, you found the right place so start searching away.