• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just signed up to be an AW...am I on right path to Naval Aviation?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FWIW, many CSs go to an actual civilian cooking school and get accreditation (or whatever you call it when you're a cook).

And they learn how to make even more exciting things out of carrots and other foodstuffs!

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
I enlisted, was an aviation electronics technician, then got picked up for a commission as a pilot. The Navy is the best decision I ever made! I would do it. Stay aviation though!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I was supposed to be a high-school teacher, but I was a cook in the U.S. Navy because that was the only job I could get."

You mean John Kerry was right!?! Dammit!!!

soldiers-answer-to-kerry.jpg

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I was a C-2 Aircrewman (AD). Make sure when you sign your paperwork that you get Naval Aircrew Candidate School written in your contract!!!! Do not sign the contract if you don't see it in there. The chances of getting into aircrew school (NACCS) after your in aren't very good.

utak

I concur, avoid the CS rate like the plague. And while you're at it, never, ever . . . become a Sonar Tech. I'm glad I got the fu*k out of that rate fast.