• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just some photos (dialups beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
None of these have me involved, but they're some cool pics i've collected from across the interweb.

aim901m.jpg

apache01m.jpg

F15E-14.jpg

F16-97.jpg

f15c-16.jpg

040802-F-0000C-002.jpg

uss.iowa.jpg

beau

all this AF stuff is making me sick.......I've got plenty of AF in my Fam as it is.....please post something a little more ......not gay! hehe

Cool Battleship though! :)

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
I'm an engineer, I love the tech regardless what branch its in. :icon_smil

beau said:
all this AF stuff is making me sick.......I've got plenty of AF in my Fam as it is.....please post something a little more ......not gay! hehe

Cool Battleship though! :)

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
I have a bazillion awesome plane pictures. Maybe when i get a gallery script together i'll throw them all on my website. The Navy's site needs to get a nice index of high res pictures like the air force does.

Taildragger

API-bound!
I know it's always a requirement to hate on the Air Force... but you can't hate on the F-16 Viper. My brother is a life support technician in the ANG who is soon to get a pilot slot in his squadron. They fly the Block 30 F-16 C+, and the GE F110-129 engine they use is rated to 29,000 lbs of thrust. I go down to watch launches all the time, and you really have no idea just how much power the Viper has until you see it skipping down the runway in full burner standing on one of the taxiways only about 50 ft from the edge of the runway. If they take off clean in full AB, their takeoff roll is only about 1,000 - 1,200 ft. They usually pull it out of AB once they are at 350 KIAS, and when they're light they haven't even crossed the threshold of the end of the runway yet. It's a fast jet, brute power.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whatsisname said:
I have a bazillion awesome plane pictures. Maybe when i get a gallery script together i'll throw them all on my website. The Navy's site needs to get a nice index of high res pictures like the air force does.

Apparently you've never looked at the Image Galleries at www.news.navy.mil

beau

My Cousin and his wife fly Block 50's out of South Carolina......so we are always talking sh@# to each other about the different branches....good semi clean fun!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FutureNavyPilot said:
They usually pull it out of AB once they are at 350 KIAS, and when they're light they haven't even crossed the threshold of the end of the runway yet.

bah.. the Harrier can do that, and it doesn't even have a blower
:)

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
From NAS Corpus Christi this afternoon ...

Attachments

• 100_0351 Smaller.jpg
    100_0351 Smaller.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0314 Smaller.jpg
    100_0314 Smaller.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0361 Smaller.jpg
    100_0361 Smaller.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 25

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Couple more ... the first two are from Whidbey, the third is at Corpus Christi International on Christmas day, and the fourth is the snow removal technique on CRP runway 31 (that's right, drive cop and DOT cars up and down the runway until the snow melts - it was very amusing).

Attachments

• 100_0572 smaller.jpg
    100_0572 smaller.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_0571.JPG
    100_0571.JPG
    566.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0513 Smaller.jpg
    100_0513 Smaller.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0512.JPG
    100_0512.JPG