• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

K-ville Sim Status

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
BrianUSMC said:
...as I watch olympic curling...

Are there any more differences between the A and C model other than glass? just wondering.

A: no INS, no GPS, no Velocity Vector in the HUD, CCIP is worthless

I'm pretty sure that's it

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
brd2881 said:
I actually had a little success with CCIP..of course it the wind was calm out at dixie...

We were out at Cactus West and the A birds had a CEP of around 150 while our lead in a C had a CEP under 50. All using CCIP. Yeah, a breeze and it was worthless.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The best part is when the plane is bent. They boresight the CCIP at the factory... and that's it. After that, you bend the bird, it no longer works so great.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Oh, we had a bird that the HUD was 2 degrees off boresight. You could physically see it off kilter when you sat in the c/p, way to go Boeing.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Punk said:
A: no INS, no GPS, no Velocity Vector in the HUD, CCIP is worthless

I'm pretty sure that's it

actually, not entirely true. there was a k-rock ip up here a while back tha said there IS a mini INS system in your jet. Something about the VSI in the hud is actually a VVI, as in instantaneous. (Just relaying a story, don't shoot the messenger)

Weps without our gucci features like a waypoint in the HSI and winds aloft right there in your screen? Yeah. Right.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Yeah, I am pretty sure that is true...but we are never taught to use that HUD VSI in our scan at K-rock....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
brd2881 said:
Yeah, I am pretty sure that is true...but we are never taught to use that HUD VSI in our scan at K-rock....

VSI? It's all about VV depression :)

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I looked at the HUD so infrequently so its hard to even remember...I looked "through" it...not really at it. Maybe squeeze could chime in...

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
You're right, we did have a "mini-INS". I doubt it is even worth it to call it that. That did give us the instantaneous VSI and did something else that was so important we never used it. The IVSI in the HUD was never used b/c without a VV, all you would do is wind up chasing it. So not once, not ever, did I use that in the HUD.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
brd2881 said:
I looked at the HUD so infrequently so its hard to even remember...I looked "through" it...not really at it. Maybe squeeze could chime in...

Bombing and ACM... bout it. Usually turned it off or didn't pay any attention to it and just let it run for the tapes sake.

Now... HUD cripple.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
FYI....just heard from the Commodore that the first C class of studs will begin in 10 Days. Both sims are conditionally accepted and the wing is really pushing to get IP and sim instructors C qualled.