• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

KMEM gouge- The search for chow

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
If I drop into Memphis tomorrow, is there a place within 15 miles where I can get some good food?

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
If you are going to be close to the airport there is a place called, "Marlowe's" which is a BBQ joint that is really close to Graceland. Very good food and not too terribly expensive and it is where Elvis ordered his ribs from. They will also pick you up in Pink limo! www.marlowesmemphis.com/

Brunes

pilot
Nice...Cause I'm totally stopping at MEM today too. Look for the little orange helo in between all the huge jets....

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
City BBQ is Sierra hotel. Get the BBQ nachos. Not sure about distance, but it's worth it.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Gus's Friend Chicken is pretty good. People claim it's the best friend chicken there is. I guess I couldn't argue with that, it was definitely good. But then there may not be a huge difference between the best and just regular friend chicken. Anyways, their sweet tea on the other hand was amazing.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
Gus's Friend Chicken is pretty good. People claim it's the best friend chicken there is. I guess I couldn't argue with that, it was definitely good. But then there may not be a huge difference between the best and just regular friend chicken. Anyways, their sweet tea on the other hand was amazing.

I forgot about Gus's. It's truly out of this world. However, be prepared to wait 45 mins for it. The little old lady in the kitchen doesn't like to be rushed. Oh, and they serve malt liquor 40s. Which is hilarious.

Brunes

pilot
Blew thru MEM today and the good folks behind the desk at the FBO pointed us at Central BBQ. Tasty as hell and cheap....Crew for 4 ate for 30 bucks...and we all had to loosen up the straps for the last leg.

Now...Anyone got suggestions for Fargo, ND or Kansas City??

Brunes

pilot
I was always taught to never land anywhere you wouldn't want to spend the night. My vote would be to AVOID ND.

-ea6bflyr ;)

I wish this was an option. To get to ND from New Orleans is about 10 hours TFT in the might Dolphin and we are doing some SAR duty up there....So I'll be spending 3 weeks potentially. Other wise I woulda flown to Miami or Hilton Head or something....

::goes to cry::

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I wish this was an option. To get to ND from New Orleans is about 10 hours TFT in the might Dolphin and we are doing some SAR duty up there....So I'll be spending 3 weeks potentially. Other wise I woulda flown to Miami or Hilton Head or something....

::goes to cry::

SAR duty? Why? You figure if someone drowns in a place like ND, it was intentional!

Brunes

pilot
SAR duty? Why? You figure if someone drowns in a place like ND, it was intentional!

LMAO. but...

Spring floods?

Is right. The Red River is about 36 feet right now....Flood stage is 18 feet. And we are in Minneapolis.

More Food Gouge: Twin Cities Grill in the Mall of America does a 50% discount for military in uniform. Got an 12 oz filet and shrimp and a beer for 20 bucks.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
You wanna do what now?

Screw Millington....go to MEM. Was there two weeks ago, and Wilson Air did us right.

Were you part of those Ospreys? Why was that one's rotors/props/whatever the fuck they are partially forward and not pointed up like the others?