• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kneeboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger16

None
I was wondering if you guys could recommend a good kneeboard. I'm just working on getting my PPL right now, but I wouldn't mind having one if I get a flight contract. So I was curious of what are some good brands, and where are some good(cheap) places to pick one up?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
9G-Plus, the only place I've seen it is at Wings in P-cola, but then again, that's the only place I've been to look for them. It was about $25.

badger16

None
cheers guys. I tried to seach before I posted the thread but when I hit search nothing happend. But now it is working fine...computers are a funny funny breed.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Not sure where you are in the pipeline yet...but the VT-28 PAO sells the 9G here...saves you the shipping and the wait.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Jepp kneeboards with two pockets on the side are nice. It's much easier to keep track of all your charts and e6bs and all the other **** you take up with you. It's niiice.

I love kneeboard.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Personally I use the garden variety metal clipboard velcro type kneedboard. I was reading about this today, which looks pretty sweet:

eflybook.gif
http://store.myairplane.com/media/images/product_detail/eflybook.gif

digital e-book containing all charts, procedures and manuals you'd need with no active lighting. Text is just arrangement of crystals which requires no electricity once set.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jepp kneeboards with two pockets on the side are nice. It's much easier to keep track of all your charts and e6bs and all the other **** you take up with you. It's niiice.

I love kneeboard.
This is a habit you should break, IMO. Generally, the two pockets do nothing but get in the way. Anything which is stowed in there can go elsewhere more effectively. The less stuff you have on your kneeboard, the better off you are. There's absolutely no reason you need to take a whiz wheel up with you; those are for on the ground. Pilot math will suffice in the air; you're not doing wind triangles.

Pockets and glareshields(if IP lets you) are for stowing charts and approach plates. I keep my kneeboard to put checklists/kneeboard cards/jet logs on, write down freqs and clearances and stow pencils. The other leg has an IFR strap to hold the current approach plate. Random crap you almost never need (A/FD for the civvies, IFR Sup for us, etc.) stays in the navbag in case the planets align.

Just my opinion FWIW, and even that will likely change in a multicrew grey jet, but that's what got me through flight school.

Oh, and I use the Wings Soft-G, again, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.