• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Laser Weapons for the navy

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I'd be interested in seeing some footage of what this laser weapon does to different targets like armor, structures and personnel.

Brett

or eyeballs

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Good old Real Genius pictures. Gotta love it.

Some great quotes, too.

"All my filth is in alphabetical order. This is filed under "H" for "toy.'"

"You still run?" "Only when chased."

"Was it a dream where you were where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?" "No..." "Why am I the only one who has that dream??"

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

And then he went on to become the Iceman. Ice. Ice!

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
metro said:
Good old Real Genius pictures. Gotta love it.

Some great quotes, too.

"All my filth is in alphabetical order. This is filed under "H" for "toy.'"

"You still run?" "Only when chased."

"Was it a dream where you were where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?" "No..." "Why am I the only one who has that dream??"

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

And then he went on to become the Iceman. Ice. Ice!

What they never told you was the Socrates line was ad-libbed ten minutes after he read the script to Top Gun...

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
Any word on whether this thing can be slaved to the A/A radar or flir to zap some airborne threats or SAM threats? That would be tits if we could shoot down missiles coming at us.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Singer6 said:
Any word on whether this thing can be slaved to the A/A radar or flir to zap some airborne threats or SAM threats? That would be tits if we could shoot down missiles coming at us.
You sure you want to be wings level with a bandit inside 3 KM? I'll go out on a limb and suggest that the technical challenges of maintaining a small laser spot in one place for 2+ seconds will be hard enough for a stationary ground target, much less for an erratically moving, low aspect SAM coming at you at multi-Mach closure rates. Even the mighty APG-79 wont be able to track with that degree of accuracy. Neat-o idea though. ;)

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
So Dr. Evil got props? What % get airborne lasers? :D

Depends entirely on your performance in OCS. If you didn't go to OCS, you can't get them.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
PropStop said:
Depends entirely on your performance in OCS. If you didn't go to OCS, you can't get them.

Oh well, I guess that will at least open up some more jet billets. I'll settle for the F/A-18F.:D