• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest Marine One takes flight

Sikorsky

Sikorsky was pissed because the S92 can carry more payload farther. But because they couldn't commit to a delivery date that the military wanted they went shopping and Sikorsky got burned by their own sales team.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Of course, I am not meaning to imply that we should have let it get that heavy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course, I am not meaning to imply that we should have let it get that heavy.

You mean this guy?

fred-dalton-thompson-5.jpg

Sikorsky

Well also remember that the S92 is for lack of a better description basically an upgraded more boxy Blackhawk with more powerful engines.

Sikorsky was hoping for homefield advantage and a bit of commonality and crew familurarity, but if you can deliver on time whats the point.

EH101 is a good helicopter I am not debating or trying to knock it down at all just pointing out the ironicness of Sikorsky being upset on how they lost the contract.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Well also remember that the S92 is for lack of a better description basically an upgraded more boxy Blackhawk with more powerful engines.

Sikorsky was hoping for homefield advantage and a bit of commonality and crew familurarity, but if you can deliver on time whats the point.

EH101 is a good helicopter I am not debating or trying to knock it down at all just pointing out the ironicness of Sikorsky being upset on how they lost the contract.

Look I need Sikorsky to sell more helicopters so my UTC 401k jumps in value. Let's root for the home team! Forget about delivery and all that metric mumbo-jumbo, it's about America and apple pie and stuff . . . .:icon_tong

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Look I need Sikorsky to sell more helicopters so my UTC 401k jumps in value. Let's root for the home team! Forget about delivery and all that metric mumbo-jumbo, it's about America and apple pie and stuff . . . .:icon_tong

I wouldn't mention that around their union folks when you consider how much work they are pushing overseas.