• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore Visit

Recidivist

I went out to Lemoore today for an interview with VFA-14 as part of my Package. Man that place is in BFE.

Anyway the Tophatters were very cool, and quite accommodating. (If any of you -14 guys are viewing this, thanks). I'm not sure how my interview went, but I was lucky to go get to go out there to do it. In addition to setting up an interview panel (including the XO, I'm sure he has better things to do than to grill snot nosed kids, especially with a deployment coming up), two of the pilots took us to the hanger and talked to us for a while. I was reassured to see that, in spite of being busy and probably stressed, they were able to take the time to chat with us and be pretty honest.
Overall, the visit definately put more respect on the table for NA's coming from me.

Thanks to VFA-14, and best of luck on the upcoming deployment.

As a side note, what the hell do you guys do when you're at Lemoore if you are not flying/working?

MasterBates

Another plus for the E2C2 community.. Our worst duty station is Norfolk. Or Japan, if you don't like it. I personally want Japan, but I'm weird.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Though, you can always hook-up with "hot" underage senior officer's daughters.... calling Feddoc.
Fixed

But seriously, there's a lot to do in about a three to five hour radius around Lemoore. There is kayaking, surfing, water skiing, hiking, biking, horse back riding, shopping and wine tasting. The MWR always has some "Single Sailor" trip or family trip scheduled and great deals on tickets for a lot of things. There is a flying club on base, and a rod and gun club, and a 4-wheeling course on base and out in town. The bastille in Hanford draws a good crowd, Visalia and Hanford also have a Dodgeball League, along with some other sports from the ocho. There are some beautiful beaches nearby in Pismo, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay... Explore California its such a beautiful amalgram of the rest of the nation.

Remember I moved to Lemoore from San Diego in the middle of high school, and it never felt like the end of the world. Lemoore: Country living at its finest...!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The west coast COD and helo bubba's have it good in San Dog. Especially the single types. You will be up to your ears in hot chicks and things to do. Damn, there are a lot of good looking girls. Word of advice, don't get married early!!!!