• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lenth of deployment on a small boy?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
One thing I should add - USNS deployments for long cruise are out on the east coast. West coast (esp. Guam) still does them for the time being.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I belive that under the new helo plan, the "front office" for the HSC and HSM will be on the Boat, handy for CAG and the Admiral to yell at. So they may rotate folks in and out of the other boats and back to the Big Boat.

How they'll handle the dets for independant-ops deployments, I'm not sure.

The expeditionary HSM squadrons will work the same way as legacy HSL. Peace-meal dets to different boats.

Rubiks06

pilot
Is there a list of the expeditionary vs the wing deployed HSM squadrons. I presume the newly created HSM squadrons will be expeditionary. Will the HSL converts continue the dets?

I presume this will be temporary until the full "master plan" is employed. My understanding of the master plan was that we were going to all R/S and that both would deploy as a squadron to the carrier. 10-15 of each and then they would be farmed out from there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is there a list of the expeditionary vs the wing deployed HSM squadrons. I presume the newly created HSM squadrons will be expeditionary. Will the HSL converts continue the dets?

My data is pretty old, but...

There was a list. Among it, they had -37 as the last HSL to become HSM. They would continue to be expeditionary. This was when I left. Since then, I've heard from their soon to be PXO that they rearranged things and now some other squadron will be last. So there's a case of a HSL becoming HSM but being expeditionary. Meanwhile, -47 became part of a CVW, but they were still HSL. Other than the RAG, I believe they were the first to become HSM, and are still part of a CVW.

No doubt, all subject to change, but you get the idea.

Rubiks06

pilot
As with anything else the Navy does I am sure it is subject to change a zillion times before it finally comes to fruition.