• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LIBERTY CALL !! NAS/MCAS - where to go off duty ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
Nice thread jack... so here is your punishment... ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.... BECUASE YOU ARE GOING BACK TO MISSISSIPPI IN NO TIME!!! MUHAHAHAHAH

Yeah yeah yeah.... I know... *crying*.

You'll love it here though, I was just at the beach in Kailua (sp?). I love vacationing here... I mean... "seeing my parents".

KBayDog

Kailua - The Shack for Sunday morning football - games start at 0700/0800. $1 (in 2000) Bloody Mary's and screwdrivers starting at 0600. Greasy breakfasts, followed by beer/lunch/wings for the 1100 "late games."

Best Waikiki parking - Ft DeRussy. When I was a junior enlisted (up to sergeant, if I recall), it was $2 to park all day.

Great posts from the others; I had many memorable (and many more non-memorable) nights at Murphy's, Irish Rose, and the mai tai bar at the Royal Hawaiian. Avoid Moose's - it is the E-Club Waikiki.

Running: The trails on the windward side of the Pali and on Tantalus are some of the best and most scenic I have ever been on.

Diving: Oahu is not the best in the world for diving, but locales are plentiful and convenient. Some of the better (and more popular) shore dives:
--Electric Beach (Ewa): Cooling tubes from power plant draw fish and coral, and sometimes a few white-tips
--Shark's Cove (North Shore): Plenty of caves, coral, and lobsters, but (surprisingly) no sharks.
--Blowhole (From Here to Eternity Beach): Nice wall dive

Sports: UH football is cheap and easy to get tix for, but forget about the game - go for the tailgaiting! UH Waihini volleyball is incredible - 11,000+ fans turn out regularly for volleyball.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Best Waikiki parking - Ft DeRussy. When I was a junior enlisted (up to sergeant, if I recall), it was $2 to park all day.

Second that. I've left my car there for 4 days at a shot (don't ask), and paid next to nothing. The lot is patrolled 24 hours a day by Army MPs and private security. I parked there ALL the time, and never had a break-in.

On a side note, even with a Designated Driver, they keep you on your toes in that lot. I've seen totally sober guys stopped because they had buddies passed out in the back. Apparently you have to stay conscious long enough to make it off the government owned property.

(BTW the parking lot under Duke's is reasonable, not as cheap as Ft Derussy, but not out of control)

Status
Not open for further replies.