• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for advice on picking a service and a pipeline

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Haha, I'm busting boat guys' balls. They get to drive the sexy birds, but I get paid extra loot to stay in a king bed in a hotel on this deployment. I have a feeling next deployment will be to trashcanistan or somewhere equally shitty, so I'm living it up right now. The only ones with a better scam are COD bubbas, or Reservistas.

I got a COD buddy of mine iwho says they are paying for their awesome deal right now down in Haiti, but he still wouldn't trade it for anything else!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The CODLife is the best-kept secret in Naval Aviation. The excitement of Boat flying, but without the Boat. Meet DV's and celebrities, day traps only, home in Bahrain in time for dinner. I'm sure there's downsides, but damned if I know what they are.

OP: Don't try and make a decision on a service based on how cool or exciting the flying may seem to you from the outside looking in. The services have very different cultures, and no matter what (or if) you wind up flying, you will still be a Marine, sailor, etc. If you join the Marines to fly Harriers and get the NAMI Whammy before you even start flight school and have to go do something else in the Corps, would you still be happy? If so, there's your answer.

AirSpiral

OK, so now I gotta know, what is this COD I'm hearing about

I'm assuming it's not affiliated with the XBOX 360

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, so now I gotta know, what is this COD I'm hearing about

I'm assuming it's not affiliated with the XBOX 360

It's all here on AW. Click here! Might want to ask your uncle how cool he thought the COD drivers were and how everyone wanted to be their friend. NS!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
In the end, whichever platform you select you'll select you'll still be a Naval Aviator.

And by being one, you'll still be able to win the hearts of these lucky ladies...

fla-state-coeds.jpg

(Assuming you're not married or a female)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the perks of being in E-2's is that the COD guys hung out in our Ready Room while aboard. "We've got another Boat hit tomorrow...you guys need anything?" The RR got daily newspapers and magazines, McD's and Domino's during workups, hookups ashore if you have to divert, etc. Good to be friends with the COD Det.

Gotta enjoy the little pleasures on the Boat; it's the only kind you get.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
In the end, whichever platform you select you'll select you'll still be a Naval Aviator.

And by being one, you'll still be able to win the hearts of these lucky ladies...

fla-state-coeds.jpg

(Assuming you're not married or a female)

Okay, I would hit any of those chicks but the one on the far right I would hit more. That is all.