• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for Advice: USMC Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ZGXtreme said:
Yay! Maybe something being prior Enlisted Grunt can help with! HAHA Short and to the point just to be able to quit talking over the damn net.

Hate to burst your bubble man but being a prior grunt might hurt you a bit have you seen the movie Saving Silverman where aJack Black is saying the "chhhht over" on the walkie talkie. That is what Grunts sound like on a radio (I know I was a FAC for 1.5 years)
I was going to teach a sounding cool on the radio 101 class.

Im just joking well sort of I have heard some interesting radio calls from Grunts to aircraft both on the ground teaching and in the air flying
Being a prior enlisted Marine will help in other ways and yes on the radio but becasue of confidence not procedure

ZGXtreme

Corporal of Grunts
Well shux! LOL... hmm... could fall back on my CAS class (coolest 4 hour class I've gotten) we got in Kuwait prior to crossing the LOD! Spaz told us short, to the point, and talk cool.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And that is all there is to it, remember that and you will have no problems oh and sound confident

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I thought the key to the radio was remembering "one click for ICS, two clicks for radio." That way you aren't telling your newest dirty joke to the tower instead of the guy next to you.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is for the poor souls who's trigger works a radio and not a gun. fist detent 16 roudn burst second detent 11 rounds per second

HueyCobra8151

pilot
skidkid said:
That is for the poor souls who's trigger works a radio and not a gun. fist detent 16 roudn burst second detent 11 rounds per second

Doesn't the foot-switch for hands-off also have 2 positions? Fark, I can't remember...all this time in my tree-suit out here in MSG land is making me forget stuff.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
I was going to teach a sounding cool on the radio 101 class.

haha.... that reminds me of when we were sitting at the holdshort in El Centro when 2 Cobras called tower. It sounded like as they were talking, they were hitting their chests to get that choppy sound. The prowler in front of us started laughing and we could see them hitting their chest and laughing in their cockpit and we were doing the same.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They must have been Hueys, Cobra has pretty good Vibration Suppresion and we sound damn cool. When I teach FAC(A) I put my hands over my mouth O-2 mask style so the get the "feel" fo talking to you guys

Jsmith48

Cyclic said:
I don't know about that statement, if that's your main reason I think you should re-evaluate, I'm Navy but trained and worked with Marines long enough to realize that there's a lot more to being a Marine than just increasing your odds of getting Hornets.
You're OK as long as you realize that.....any comments from the D'Dogs?

Don't get me wrong, I'm there to kick ass first. I trust the Corps will assign me an aircraft that suits my abilities.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jsmith48 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm there to kick ass first. I trust the Corps will assign me an aircraft that suits my abilities.
HA! I trust the Corps will assign you an aircraft that suits THEIR needs - your abilities and wishes are completely ancillary.

Brett

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
HA! I trust the Corps will assign you an aircraft that suits THEIR needs - your abilities and wishes are completely ancillary.

Brett

And there you have it folks Naval Aviation in a nutshell. It doesnt get any simpler than that, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.