• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M O T I V A T I O N

B

Blutonski816

Pretty cool. Not as cool as the stuff I've seen from the Tomcat guys, heheh...
I Keed, I keed....

BTW: I didn't know 146 paints fake-out canopies on their aircraft... I've never seen our Fleet Hornets wear those...

F/A-18 DRIVER

pilot
BTW: I didn't know 146 paints fake-out canopies on their aircraft... I've never seen our Fleet Hornets wear those...

It was not legal but we did it anyway. I think they have been removed since by a more politically correct front office.

Here's some other paint schemes we had that were not "Within Standards."

Attachments

• camo2.jpg
    camo2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Flag.jpg
    Flag.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 160
B

Blutonski816

Why doesn't the fleet allow them anyway?? Someone care to enlighten me?

F/A-18 DRIVER

pilot
Visibility/detectability is reduced by the nearly all gray paint scheme. The rules were established for combat survivability reasons.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Blutonski816 said:

Your fleet Hornets? Aren't you a year or two younger than I am? Interesting...

B

Blutonski816

Ryoukai said:
Your fleet Hornets? Aren't you a year or two younger than I am? Interesting...

I mean those of the US Navy... as opposed to say Canada's Hornets which regularly have them painted on...

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Awesome. I really liked the sepia/gladiator theme intro, although I don't think I could've taken the sepia for too much longer.
And what are "fake-out" canopies? What's their purpose?
EDIT: Nevermind...I figured it out...canopy painted on underside of fuselage. Didn't catch that first time.
And I, for one, and grateful that you made it in a QT format, as opposed to the crappy WMV format. Good call.

oztin79

Military.com video archives

There are some killer videos in the military.com archives...hella motivating and others sobering.