• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2024

devlopz

Hey everyone,

Wanted to create a new thread for the next board March 2024. I will be applying. I am an AM2 with 8 years TIS. All O-Level aviation maintenance sea time experience in the VP community. My OAR is low at 43 and my Bachelors in Aeronautics GPA is okay at 3.4. I will be applying with two NAMs, various shift supervisory experience and NAMP program management experience. I think my personal statements are strong as well. Any advice or gouge would be appreciated!

NQ22

Hey everyone,

Wanted to create a new thread for the next board March 2024. I will be applying. I am an AM2 with 8 years TIS. All O-Level aviation maintenance sea time experience in the VP community. My OAR is low at 43 and my Bachelors in Aeronautics GPA is okay at 3.4. I will be applying with two NAMs, various shift supervisory experience and NAMP program management experience. I think my personal statements are strong as well. Any advice or gouge would be appreciated!
I’m also applying this cycle. Applied last cycle and unfortunately wasn’t selected but I’m giving it another shot.

Are your appraisals completed? Have you gotten your TIS waiver and aware you have to turn your application in a few weeks prior to actual deadline?

devlopz

Hopefully you get it this time. Maybe I will too, if not I’ll apply October board again. I did get another NAM and SOQ to add to my package so that may help.

I am working my appraisals and recommendation letters now. I am also waiting for my medical appointment to get those two forms done. Have you done those? I do have my TIS waiver typed up and was planning to submit everything mid-February to allow time for that waiver.

I’m also applying this cycle. Applied last cycle and unfortunately wasn’t selected but I’m giving it another shot.

Are your appraisals completed? Have you gotten your TIS waiver and aware you have to turn your application in a few weeks prior to actual deadline?

exNavyOffRec

Hopefully you get it this time. Maybe I will too, if not I’ll apply October board again. I did get another NAM and SOQ to add to my package so that may help.

I am working my appraisals and recommendation letters now. I am also waiting for my medical appointment to get those two forms done. Have you done those? I do have my TIS waiver typed up and was planning to submit everything mid-February to allow time for that waiver.
Any board knows NAM's are not the same from command to command. It will come down to your GPA, degree, and experience in maintenance.

It is smart to get request for waiver in early.

devlopz

Any board knows NAM's are not the same from command to command. It will come down to your GPA, degree, and experience in maintenance.

It is smart to get request for waiver in early.
I didn’t know that. Figured three NAMS would look good. Thank you.

Can I submit it separate from my application package?

devlopz

Good luck!!! I do not think I will be submitting mine. Getting the run around for letters of recommendations.

NQ22

It’s a long process. If you’re submitting for September start getting your stuff together now

devlopz

It’s a long process. If you’re submitting for September start getting your stuff together now
I was trying to submit for March but without these LORs and appraisals I don’t think it’s going to happen. I have everything but that so it’s looking like September it is! lol