• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine accused of White House espionage

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.

Both the FBI and CIA are calling it the first case of espionage in the White House in modern history.

Officials tell ABC News the alleged spy worked undetected at the White House for almost three years. Leandro Aragoncillo, 46, was a U.S. Marine most recently assigned to the staff of Vice President Dick Cheney.

"I don't know of a case where the vetting broke down before and resulted in a spy being in the White House," said Richard Clarke, a former White House advisor who is now an ABC News consultant.

Federal investigators say Aragoncillo, a naturalized citizen from the Philippines, used his top secret clearance to steal classified intelligence documents from White House computers.
Read rest of article here

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
Shame on this dude.
Because it's definitely true right?

Seems to me every time this type of subject comes up (i.e. criminal wrong-doing by an individual) a lot of folks on here forget this little known phrase in the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution about not "be[ing] deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." I think we need to keep this in mind when we discuss these kind of topics.

Sorry, but we just don't know the facts....and in my opinion this is no different than criticizing or accusing a pilot of wrongdoing/pilot error before a mishap/accident investigation has even been completed.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Sounds like it's true ...

Since that arrest, officials say Aragoncillo has started to cooperate. He has admitted to spying while working on the staff of Vice President Cheney's office.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
Sounds like it's true ...
Not saying it's not true and not saying it is....but it certainly wouldn't be the first time someone has admitted to a criminal act they didn't do. Again, let's let the process work.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
According to Fox News, the dude stole Filipino-related documents, some which were classified "Secret."

I hope this doesnt lead to a racial tension with filipinos or anything. But I as an American-Filipino feel shameful for this guy, especially if he's representing OUR country (OUR country = U.S.A. :)

BTW, anyone know any good filipino eats out here in P'cola???

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's some jaded reporting...

CNN headline "White House Staffer Investigated for Spying"

Click on the link....see an article with title of "Former White House Staffer Investigated"
He worked there from 99-01, already...old news.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
.old news.

Yet so convienent that they release it now in the midst of a GOP meltdown. Indictments and accusations flying left and right and somehow a year old story that distracts the press/public gets released.

emot-tinfoil.gif

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
squeeze said:
Yet so convienent that they release it now in the midst of a GOP meltdown. Indictments and accusations flying left and right and somehow a year old story that distracts the press/public gets released.

emot-tinfoil.gif

Very convienent if you ask me...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
shoo24 said:
That's because the media is a business- they are only there to make money, so the more scandal and BS they can sell, the more their stock goes up. Money is all that matters in the end to them, that's the bottom line...
http://www.thisislondon.com/til/jsp/modules/Article/print.jsp?itemId=20563131

Beginning to consider reconsidering my opinion of George Clooney after reading that. He sounds suspiciously sane for someone who is often lumped as just another Hollywood Loony Limousine Liberal . . .

petescheu

nittany03 said:
Beginning to consider reconsidering my opinion of George Clooney after reading that. He sounds suspiciously sane for someone who is often lumped as just another Hollywood Loony Limousine Liberal . . .

Yeah I know it... surprised me too.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Fezz CB said:
BTW, anyone know any good filipino eats out here in P'cola???

Does that exist anywhere? :icon_tong No, seriously, balut is not good eats. :eek:

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Does that exist anywhere? :icon_tong No, seriously, balut is not good eats. :eek:
Yeah... all my filipino friends have told me never to touch filipino food...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:

emot-tinfoil.gif

A year old story?! The accused spies were only arrested in September. Not everything is a conspiracy of the Left-Wing media..... :rolleyes:

A Fox News story from Oct 5, 2005: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171398,00.html

From the above article......Both men were arrested Sept. 10 at their homes and ordered held without bail following an appearance before a federal magistrate.