• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps or NAVY

CalPolyPilot

Thanks for the input

I really appreciate all the positive feedback. I will definitely research more about each branch and try to make a very informed decision when the time comes. I understand the rivalry between the branches because I come from an extended family that were and are all Airforce pilots. So me flying for the NAVY or Marine Corps is already Taboo enough.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I really appreciate all the positive feedback. I will definitely research more about each branch and try to make a very informed decision when the time comes. I understand the rivalry between the branches because I come from an extended family that were and are all Airforce pilots. So me flying for the NAVY or Marine Corps is already Taboo enough.

Well you're already smarter than those who went before you in your family, so that's a plus. Isn't that the goal of raising a kid? :D

S3Dude

pilot
Go Mustangs!!

It was ten years ago this March that I signed my BDCP contract at the career center down near the stadium, not sure if it's still there or not. It's been a few years since I've been through SLO, great town though, great school, awesome area. I miss it more all the time.

Good luck in whatever you decide, BDCP is a great program. Go talk to Dr. Mullisen (sp?) if he's still around. He was an ME prof. at least up to 3 or so years ago. He taught Thermodynamics among some others. Anyway, he was a Marine A-6 pilot and has some great stories. Not just about Naval/Marine aviation but life in general. I haven't been in touch with him in a few years...

Anyway, enough reminiscing!

S3Dude

pilot
Oh yeah, do you ever see Chuck Liddell working at The Library downtown (the bar)? Used to see him bouncing/bartending there, but at the time didn't know who he was...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whereas Navy OCS is more like a vacation. Free room and board, free exercise program, free motivational speakers, and free wake up calls, all within 5 mins of the beach. ;)

You left out the sing-alongs while marching

CalPolyPilot

Oh yeah, do you ever see Chuck Liddell working at The Library downtown (the bar)? Used to see him bouncing/bartending there, but at the time didn't know who he was...

HAHA funny you mention Chuck Liddell. I actually just saw him at Firestone grille in Downtown SLO. I actually see him more at the airport cause I work for the San Luis Jet Center and ACI. We charter all his planes for him. So I get to drive his UFC Hummer out to the plane for him and fuel the plane he rents. (His seats have ICEMAN engraved in the headrests, how cool is that?)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
feel free to shoot me a pm.

I go to Cal Poly, am a Marine Officer Candidate with a flight contract, AND I used to work at the Jet Center.

We have a few things in common. Ohh, and tell Javier he is a Bitch ;)

BTW S3Dude,
Mullsen is still around. The Marine OSO keeps in pretty good contact with him. Interesting trivia..the exact A-6 that he flew is now on display at the Warbird Museum in Paso Robles..30 minutes up the road. He compared the Bureau numbers