• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine F/A Super Hornet down - pilot ejected safely

mike bennett

Dear Forum Members,

You probably already have details on this loss.
Good news is that the pilot ejected safely.

Regards
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

VMFA-323 pilot ejects, rescued in Arabian Sea

The Associated Press
Posted : Tuesday Mar 20, 2007 16:26:03 EDT

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which is worse, calling a Charlie a Super Hornet or getting your information from Charlie Brown?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which is worse, calling a Charlie a Super Hornet or getting your information from Charlie Brown?

The AP doesn't exactly have a reputation for accuracy. I think they hire all the J-school drop-outs and English major wannabes.

Brett

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
They could've stopped with "pilot got out ok." Everything else we'll find out in time through appropriate channels.

mike bennett

The following is from the Navy News Stand.
More straight forward reporting without the need to embellish the facts or speculate.
Regards
(I suppose that its lucky that Snoopy hasn't been asked for his opinion - being a renowned WW1 aviator)

Mike

CVW 9 Pilot Rescued in North Arabian Sea
From USS John C. Stennis Public Affairs

USS JOHN C. STENNIS, At Sea – A pilot assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9 aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) was rescued shortly after ejection Tuesday afternoon from an aircraft in the North Arabian Sea.

The pilot ejected from the aircraft, an F/A-18C Super Hornet assigned to Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 323, at approximately 3:19 p.m.

The search and rescue (SAR) helicopter recovered the pilot at 3:35 p.m. and transported the pilot to John C. Stennis where a further medical evaluation will be conducted. The pilot is in good condition.

The John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group is currently supporting Operation Enduring Freedom as well as conducting Maritime Security Operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.

The cause of the incident is currently under investigation.

H60Gunner

Contributor
To me

The search and rescue (SAR) helicopter recovered the pilot at 3:35 p.m. and transported the pilot to John C. Stennis where a further medical evaluation will be conducted. The pilot is in good condition.

That's the only thing that matters right now...:)

Ohh and OUTSTANDING job to the boys and girls of HS-8! (again)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The search and rescue (SAR) helicopter recovered the pilot at 3:35 p.m. and transported the pilot to John C. Stennis where a further medical evaluation will be conducted. .

Ah yes, another reminder of why you shouldn't make fun of the 45 NSS helo guy. Six packs all around.

MasterBates

I hate quality spread. #2 in winging class. #1 from my squadron.

I wanted Guam, Japan, Hawaii, Sig, Phrogs, H3s, H53s, San Diego then Jax...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

We need good people everywhere...there's a spread going on right now too...

But, not to take away from this thread...Glad to hear that everyone's safe...and as much as I love rescuing people...I'd take a boring day in the D anyday over pulling a jock out of the drink.

MasterBates

Yep. In my many hours of Starboard D Patrol, not one call to pick anyone out of the water or look for wreckage. That is a good thing.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot

Hey Master, I once had a detailer tell me I had received my second choice on my preference card, then there was a long pause until he laughed and said "if you turn your list upside down." I still despise the SOB!