• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Pilot Process

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
oh I could say it... but I'd be slayed by moderator and contributer alike ;)

..true though.. its the haircuts.

phrogpilot73

services.jpg

Damn, I should have joined the Air Force...

And the haircuts really don't matter that much once you hit the wing in the fleet. As a matter of fact, you then gain you power from the increased length!

thull

Really? What experience do you base that statement off of? Last I checked, my squadron (the 53 FRS) is at 70% of our staffing goal. Staffing goal is significantly less than T/O. Just about every helo T/M/S needs folks. I can't speak for the Herks or strike platforms. 12 hours is an average work day for me and my "collegues". Often times I am stretching to 14 just to keep my head above water with ATFs, paper work, awards, fitreps, workcenter audit reviews, etc. Trust me...we still need people.

Interesting...must be no easy task trying to figure out how many aviation slots to offer, with all the variables along the way including backing out, injuries, attrition at OCS and flight school, etc. There's just no way to know for sure what % are going to end up getting through it all and staffing those open positions, even when there's plenty being accepted initially with Air contracts.