• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Me-262

Owen

Just a quick heads up for folks in the Pensacola area....

The Me-262 that was displayed for years at Willow Grove
will arrive at NNAM later in the week.

My late friend Cook Cleland had time in it when he was doing
eval work at Pax River. I remember him saying I was a lot
better than the YP-59. I sure wish he could be here to see it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Glad to see it's getting out of the weather and properly restored! I'd give my left nut to take one of the repros up that they're building . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
Willow Grove used to have a bunch of very unique aircraft sitting in their petting zoo. I grew up down the road from KNXX and always used to gawk at the aircraft as we drove by. For years they talked of building a museum there, but here we are at least 18yrs later and no "real" museum to speak of. I hope that the rest of the aircraft are headed somewhere other than the boneyard.

jmcquate

Contributor
Just a quick heads up for folks in the Pensacola area....

The Me-262 that was displayed for years at Willow Grove
will arrive at NNAM later in the week.

My late friend Cook Cleland had time in it when he was doing
eval work at Pax River. I remember him saying I was a lot
better than the YP-59. I sure wish he could be here to see it.

Cook Cleland!!! WOW anyone who can fly a clipped wing F2G around a closed course race is one hell of a pilot.

Owen

AMEN to that! Cook told me that, in the ultimate clipped wing "Race 97" version,
he could fly it with a finger tip on the grip or two hands and all the strength he
cound muster. The difference was where on the course he was.

RyanF

unimportant
Willow Grove used to have a bunch of very unique aircraft sitting in their petting zoo. I grew up down the road from KNXX and always used to gawk at the aircraft as we drove by. For years they talked of building a museum there, but here we are at least 18yrs later and no "real" museum to speak of. I hope that the rest of the aircraft are headed somewhere other than the boneyard.

Here's their ME 262
CIMG4971.jpg

CIMG4972.jpg

Some of the others onsite:
CIMG4954.jpg

CIMG4960.jpg

CIMG4963.jpg

...and yep, I do plenty of gawking myself on the way up to doylestown and van sant to go flying :D

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Holy sh!t! I didn't see the skis! OK, it may be ugly, but now it's cool enough that I would want to fly it! Lol...not that I'm saying I'm cool or anything.

RyanF

unimportant
You take 611 from Philly to D-town? Ugh.

Try this guy instead. (<-link)

Thanks for the tip! Looks like a fun back road. I'm still a noob to the area...been here less than 6 months. I usually take the schuylkill -> blue route -> turnpike -> 611 from philly. Or 95 -> blue route -> etc. if I'm coming from work (a certain aircraft manufacturing firm a couple exits from PHL)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Thanks for the tip! Looks like a fun back road. I'm still a noob to the area...been here less than 6 months. I usually take the schuylkill -> blue route -> turnpike -> 611 from philly. Or 95 -> blue route -> etc. if I'm coming from work (a certain aircraft manufacturing firm a couple exits from PHL)

It's a nice drive through the park. But bring your NASCAR skills, Kelly Dr can be sporty.

If you're headed to Dtwon from near PHL then take 95 to the blue route to the turnpike to 309 (ft. washington exit) and then follow the instructions in the link above from 309 to Doylestown. I grew up in Doylestown and no one takes 611 to the city if they can avoid it, it goes through shitty parts of Philly and there are a crap load of lights.