• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Media Support For Troops

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'm not biased because I'm Persian..but I really enjoy listening/watching what Christian Amanpour has to say when she does her reporting .
amanpour.christiane.jpg

busdriver

None
What this guy did was certainly laudable. But this in no way impairs his objectivity. He acted as any good human would, he helped those in need. The reporters embedded with the military seem to get a bad rap from the Woodward and Bernstein wannabes. It would seem to me that if a guy is following a Marine unit around Iraq, exposed to the same threats day in and day out, at some point he's going to identify with the Marines he's with, it's human nature. It just means he can't be an objective reporter who later interviews an insurgent leader. My biggest problem with the major news reporting is that they tend to push people based on how "sexy" they are. Why in the holy hell is Anderson Cooper a big deal?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What this guy did was certainly laudable. But this in no way impairs his objectivity. He acted as any good human would, he helped those in need. The reporters embedded with the military seem to get a bad rap from the Woodward and Bernstein wannabes. It would seem to me that if a guy is following a Marine unit around Iraq, exposed to the same threats day in and day out, at some point he's going to identify with the Marines he's with, it's human nature. It just means he can't be an objective reporter who later interviews an insurgent leader. My biggest problem with the major news reporting is that they tend to push people based on how "sexy" they are. Why in the holy hell is Anderson Cooper a big deal?

Because he makes 45 year old white women hot and bothered