• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60S hard landing in Tokyo

Renegade One

None
Just about any aircraft can "eat itself" if it crashes. I just think it's strange that the mishap posters I see list fixed wing aircraft that crashed, and a bunch of helo's that had "hard landings", no matter if they wound up a smoldering pile of rubble or bent a landing gear. If I ever crash a harrier (known for their stability) I'm going to call it a hard landing and see where that gets me.
Wasn't there a recent thread on a Harrier "hard landing" on a civilian container ship? Looked hard to me….

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Wasn't there a recent thread on a Harrier "hard landing" on a civilian container ship? Looked hard to me….
I don't know how the Royal Navy classifies mishaps, even those from 30 or 40 years ago.

Was the landing of a sea harrier on a tiny container ship "hard"? Yeah, I bet it was really really difficult.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think I'd differentiate a hard landing from a crash on whether or not the pilot was actively trying to control the landing. An autorotation is essentially a purposeful crash landing, so I think the differentiation is important.

jackjack

Good news there weren't spinal injuries, the broken leg will heal and he should be flying again

.... If I ever crash a harrier (known for their stability) I'm going to call it a hard landing and see where that gets me.
..but Harriers don't have hard landings (as long as you have enough mattresses)
http://thechive.com/2010/09/02/how-...ear-were-gonna-need-more-mattresses-4-photos/
jet-land-mattress-2.jpg

jet-land-mattress-1.jpg