• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaznups

Just wondering who's going this weekend?

I'm not a native of California, and I'm not applying for SNA but I always love fast planes! [:D]

That being said... Is it worth going to? I've seen plenty of airshows, is this another that's worth going to see? Let's put it in better terms is it worth me getting on the bus from UCSD and travelling 1 and half hours to go see? [:I]

Thanx,
Jaz

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

rhollin1

I'm going. I wouldn'g miss it for the world. If it take 1 1/2 hours to for a bus to go 4 miles then there is something wrong with that route.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ah, bummer, looks like I'm going to miss it by a week or so. Hope it's cool.

jaznups

Well that's the problem! There is no straight route from campus to miramar :-(
And no one that I know that has a car wants to go...

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

tali264

jaznups,
I have that same problem getting people to go with me. One time I dragged my family with me. Another time I went with my flight instructor. Keep asking.....someone will eventualy give in. I think you'll have better luck asking guys, tell them there will be lots of fast, powerful, loud planes [:p]

aslam

Yeah, I'll be there. Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Why is it so hard to get a ride? You can take La Jolla Village Dr. until it turns into Miramar Rd. and you're there. Isn't it like 5 or 6 miles or so?

ASLAM

jaznups

HAHAHA!!

I agree! I guess I am an abnormal gal [:p]

I think my only problem is not really knowing anyone here.
I'm on an exchange term so I'm like a freshman but not really b/c I am a Junior...grrr...

Ah well I'll figure it out

Jaz

PS One cool thing has been the ocassional plane that I see flying right by my office window. Some sort of joy during work!![8D]

JayManC

5-6 miles? why not walk....or take a cab? sorry i'm an east coaster and not familiar with Ca, just replying for star power

<insert something witty here:>

aslam

I think it's 5 or 6 miles -if that- so yeah, I would think a cab ride would be easy enough to arrange. It's even a straight shot right down the road from UCSD, no less.

ASLAM

jaznups

LOL! I am an eastcoaster... but they are exaggerating I looked at the map and it's more than 5-6 miles... plus it's the little problem of gettin around the freeways etc. IF UCSD were actually in San Diego it prolly wouldn't be that far but it's in La Jolla...

jaznups

Ok has it ever occured to y'all that I am cheap LOL! But if it's more of a straight shot I will take a cab!

rhollin1

I don't know what map you looked at jaznups, but I know for a fact that it's no more than 5 miles. And as a matter of fact if you come onto the base via the western entrance it's probably only like 3 miles if that. I used to live in Mira Mesa which is a mile from the base.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

jaznups

Ok Cool! I was just going off the bus maps... Don't shoot me or anything!! Just kidding :-P
So I think I'm gonna walk... I probably should run..heheehe

Jaz

aslam

FYI

I'm coming from L.A. so I know the traffic. Go on maps.yahoo.com and get the map from the intersection of La Jolla Village Dr. & Villa La Jolla Dr. to Miramar Rd, the west gate of the MCAS. 4.9 mi which is even less that 5-6 mi.

ASLAM

Status
Not open for further replies.