• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miramar sims

pdx

HSM Pilot
ya, that makes sense. But some members of the Navy League council I'm in got to fly the 18 sim- WITHOUT ME!!:icon_rage -at miramar and they said the operator was some old lady that looked like she didnt even enjoy her job. I doubt she has time in a hornet:D. So I guess thats where the possibility of employment struck me.

Can't speak for miramar, but we have the same type of thing at Whiting. Lockheed runs the sims (helo and T-34) and they hire prior military pilots exclusively for sim instructors. The also have a few other civilians, including a pair of older ladies who were obviously not pilots. They mostly work in the computer lab and testing center. Talking to one of them, I was surprised to learn that she was shown how to run the sims also. She couldn't instruct, and she didn't get paid the same as the instructors, but she did run the sim every once in a while.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't speak for miramar, but we have the same type of thing at Whiting. Lockheed runs the sims (helo and T-34) and they hire prior military pilots exclusively for sim instructors. The also have a few other civilians, including a pair of older ladies who were obviously not pilots. They mostly work in the computer lab and testing center. Talking to one of them, I was surprised to learn that she was shown how to run the sims also. She couldn't instruct, and she didn't get paid the same as the instructors, but she did run the sim every once in a while.

Sounds similar to the Prowler sims. There are the actual instructors who do events with the studs, and the tech guys who obviously know how to run the sim, but have no tactical knowledges. Unless you have experience running 20+ year old mainframe computers and finicky electrical and hydraulic systems, not to mention the requirement for a security clearance, there's probably not much chance that a guy off the street would be hired.

Brett