• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mission Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4speed

What do I want to fly? I don't know. I had worn glasses for as long as I could remember until PRK allowed me to have the option of pilot for a Naval career choice. Yup, jets are cool cause I've seen the Blue Angles but that's all I have to go on. Helo's were fun cause I got to ride on one during summer cruise. P3's are ok, I got to ride one again on summer cruise. As you can tell I don't have a stellar background in aviation. Where can I find mission profiles for different Navy aircraft so I have some idea what they do on a day to day basis? If you know of any good websites I would appreciate them.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
When you get to API and go through Primary, you'll get to talk to guys from ALL communities. It's good first hand point of views, and will help you make up your mind then.

agreed. people in here will share their experiences though. There are very few jet guys in primary, so this may be a better resource for you on the jet front.

I'll write more later about P-3 life. I'm sure the webmaster will write a short novel about how cool P-3s are, the women you get, the money, the power, minute after minute, hour after hour.

sing with me!

Been flyin' once or twice, livin' in a P-3 paradise,
Collectin' perdiem 's awfully nice, livin' in a P-3 paradise...

okay, i'm a horrible singer...

WANT JENNA BUSH!

kevin

id always suspected the first lady was something of a hottie in her earlier years...seeing jenna bush confirmed those suspicions.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
WOW! Talk about a threadjack. Seriously, back on topic... Jenna is the hot one and damn ain't her momma fine too! Okay I couldn't resist either.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Patmack18 said:
Fly Navy and I were 4 wheelin' today... and the question came up... who would you rather have, Lindsey Lohan or Jenna Bush... on one hand you've got Lindsey LOHAN! But Jenna's dad is THE MAN... so we couldn't really come to a desicion.

Come on! It's the difference between a Trashy and Classy. They both know how to party but one is firery and flashy the other is a refined work of art.

Hands-down-clear-winner has got to be Jenna!

BTW: My wife is loving this... Yes honey the couch will be fine. :(

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lindsay Lohan is trashy? You calling my girl trashy!? Like Pat said, Paris Hilton is trashy. She goes OUT OF HER WAY to be trashy. Lindsay is pure hotness.

That being said, it's a very tough decision. And young Barbara seems classier than Jenna. Can I choose to have all THREE?

3wire

Threadjack - Fly Navy, those have got to be two of the best quotes I've seen in a long time

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
need4speed said:
What do I want to fly? I don't know. I had worn glasses for as long as I could remember until PRK allowed me to have the option of pilot for a Naval career choice. Yup, jets are cool cause I've seen the Blue Angles but that's all I have to go on. Helo's were fun cause I got to ride on one during summer cruise. P3's are ok, I got to ride one again on summer cruise. As you can tell I don't have a stellar background in aviation. Where can I find mission profiles for different Navy aircraft so I have some idea what they do on a day to day basis? If you know of any good websites I would appreciate them.

Holy crap - what a threadjack!

I had the opportunity to chit chat with a Superhornet FRS instructor the other day, as well as a helo guy and a P-3 guy. They were all in town to see a UT football game (the helo guy is a ROTC instructor so he's always in town). It was cool to get to talk to all three guys about the different parts of their jobs. I came away from it with a strong preferece for the jet community but I know that once I get going in Primary I could change my mind. All the guys said that everyone they know loves their platform and not to worry about it. Just do your best in flight school so that you won't have any regrets if you didn't get what you really wanted.

To answer your question, what I got from the guys I talked to is that helos are big on search and rescue as well as anti-sub warfare. Flying low and fast is cool, but the ocean looks pretty much the same no matter where you go. P-3 guys seem to focus mostly on anti-sub warfare, but webmaster and zab1001 will surely give you plenty of details on that. Jet guys get to blow stuff up and do all that tactical stuff that goes along with it. Bottom line, you'll get to fly no matter what. Each community has its own pros and cons - the best way to figure it out is talk to people who are in the fleet (not me). Good luck.

PS
I know people who have seen Jenna on campus at UT and none of them were that impressed. Just thought I'd share.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ben said:
I know people who have seen Jenna on campus at UT and none of them were that impressed. Just thought I'd share.

If UT is like any of the other big southern schools, I can see why. She's certainly a cutie, but not in the same league as many of the hot southern girls.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i went to college while Jenna Bush was there and there are tons hotter. And there are many that have healthier livers, thats for sure.

edit: hey ben, was the helo instructor's name Lt. Toledo?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
i went to college while Jenna Bush was there and there are tons hotter. And there are many that have healthier livers, thats for sure.

But none of their dads are the President of the United States of America. :)

rare21

pilot
Contributor
true, but in my opinion that just might make it worse. I'd like to be able to take a dump without having secret service in hawaiian shirts shadowing me all the time.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
true, but in my opinion that just might make it worse. I'd like to be able to take a dump without having secret service in hawaiian shirts shadowing me all the time.

You mean... you don't like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.