• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Law_to_1830

Say yes, i was not selected for Navy officer board xyz and date. That simple. It's not a negative mark or anything in your context, they just need to know.
Understood. Thank you very much!

My main concern was that it would make me look less motivated for the Corps if I had already applied elsewhere. Since I'm having to get an age wavier (I'm 31), I wanted to make my application as spotless as possible. I wish someone had told me about medical waivers. I would have done all this 9 years ago. It sounds like my concern was misplaced, which is good.

TraidsAndRaids

Hi, currently applying for Navy OCS. However, if that does not work out my GPA is 3.2 and SAT 1300. How competitive would I be? The Marine OSO said I would be but I would like a second opinion. Thanks in advance!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hi, currently applying for Navy OCS. However, if that does not work out my GPA is 3.2 and SAT 1300. How competitive would I be? The Marine OSO said I would be but I would like a second opinion. Thanks in advance!
Listen to the OSO. They have the only opinion that matters- they are the ones looking into the recruiting crystal ball.

and 42%

Chrisrm

I'm a transfer student sophomore and my classes got put all online for covid, shouldn't be too hard but I'm gonna organize my stuff so I can also study OCS material. I'm looking into OCS Blog as well for info.

No GPA currently: (Previous school GPA was 3.5)
PFT: Last was 265, but I got pull-ups up over covid (projected 279)
ASTB: 56 6:7:7

I'm contracted, decent (subpar) on PT, and improving on academics. I see the pandemic as an opportunity to really bolt down the PT and knowledge, is this a bad mindset or is there something I should be aware of?

0621 Hertz

Good mindset, 279 is a higher PFT then I ever had in 7 years. When I got my run time to a par 20 min to get ready for OCS, my pull-ups seem to suffer, and vice versa. Now I'm in the Max-Max-Relax Gang and I don't plan on leaving it.

When you're getting ready for OCS, there is a lot more running then there is pull-ups.

But you have an entire year until you report to Quantico, enjoy college while you still have it.

Chrisrm

Good mindset, 279 is a higher PFT then I ever had in 7 years. When I got my run time to a par 20 min to get ready for OCS, my pull-ups seem to suffer, and vice versa. Now I'm in the Max-Max-Relax Gang and I don't plan on leaving it.

When you're getting ready for OCS, there is a lot more running then there is pull-ups.

But you have an entire year until you report to Quantico, enjoy college while you still have it.

Set 279 in stone and am working on defeating shin splints to raise the score again. Did NROTC for the semester and still did decent on academics (nothing below a B for all classes). Also did some PQS stuff and got a good bit of overall military knowledge.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
At USMC OCS do they do a full blood panel?

Expect to give all of your blood. The Corpsmen even make you take your own sample. It weeds out the weak asses who can't stand the sight of war. It's why the Marine Corps practices bleeding regularly.

TheSage

Yeah I figured. I just like it inside my body more than the outside. Will meditate and become mentally prepared.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah I figured. I just like it inside my body more than the outside. Will meditate and become mentally prepared.

I wasn't serious dude. I remember getting some vaccinations at OCS, but we did all of the medical stuff prior to showing up.

TheSage

I wasn't serious dude. I remember getting some vaccinations at OCS, but we did all of the medical stuff prior to showing up.
Haha yeah I caught the humor. It will just be whatever it will be. Just not a fan of sharp objects but a shot or 2 isn't the end of the world.

Thanks