• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS's for pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

Rotorhead what in the world are you talking about! What are you basing your information on? Just because you wouldn't want to fly helos doesn't mean that others are the same way, especially in the Marine Corps. In case you haven't noticed, Marines are very big into ground support, so if they can do close ground support from a helo why would they want to be in a jet at 30000'? I am applying to the Marine Corps and I personally want jets but almost everyone else I know who is either applying, already been through OCS, or in the middle of flight school want helos. In case you didn't know this lately there has been a jet draft in the Marine Corps. Why would they want to draft everybody to jets if according to you everyone is flocking to them.

Rotorhead

Ok, I may have exagerrated a bit to make my point. But Im sick of this rosy attitude you get from everyone you ask. According to everyone's answer, EVERYBODY got what they wanted???? Not so, my good man. I am, by the way, a Marine helo pilot, have been for 12 years. I love it, now. It is not what I wanted out of flight school. I did not get what I wanted, but I love where I am now. Thats my point. I wish everyone would just be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.