• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My other car is a...Sea Harrier

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Art Nalls, former USMC Harrier driver and Test Pilot has sent out a newsletter updating status on his Sea Harrier, the only one in private hands that has flown.

SeaHarrier_landingNov07.jpg

Art and his Sea Harrier in action..(his "other" ride is a truck...and an L-39..and a Yak or two...)..it's good to be Art!

Art.jpg

HJ photo

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He fixed it up already? Didn't he have some big hydraulic failure on it a month or so ago?

Right you are. Picture is from the first two flights. Gotta read the newsletter!

I stopped by Tuesday and it was still awaiting some hydraulic fittings and some sheet metal repairs. A Brit Harrier guy was there who had helped get spares and other support equipment.

Here's how it looked on Tuesday when I stopped by

SHAR3-4.jpg

HJ photo

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Parts support will be a major PITA for him, as I'm sure he was well aware before this purchase. Other than that, a single HYD failure is usually not a big deal to fix. 2 shifts at most. The long pole in the tent will be parts. He must feel like he's back in the fleet!

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Parts support will be a major PITA for him, as I'm sure he was well aware before this purchase. Other than that, a single HYD failure is usually not a big deal to fix. 2 shifts at most. The long pole in the tent will be parts. He must feel like he's back in the fleet!

He's mentioned in this update that he's just purchased GR3 as a parts backup.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Some men change the oil in their vehicles, some men enjoy being a handy man around the house, and then there are those who build attack jets for a hobby. Which one will you be?

I love hearing updates on this guy - quite a feat.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
This thread makes me feel like a complete pansy for deciding against my T-28 earlier...:(

Someday...she will be mine.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Parts support will be a major PITA for him, as I'm sure he was well aware before this purchase. Other than that, a single HYD failure is usually not a big deal to fix.

He's gots parts galore and a hangar queen...

Spareparts.jpg

Parts.jpg

HJ photos